EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
Does anyone know the costs (monthly or annually) of having these two things in Costa Blanca?

Cost from Telefonica is approx €40 per month inc IVA for 512/128 payed direct with you telephone bill each month, normaly yourphont bill is bi-monthly but if you have ADSL installed the say you must pay your bill every month which includes you normal phone calls.

If you look at their web site http://www.telefonicaonline.com/on/ they might be doing the ADSL modem free at the moment. I have it installed and dont have any problems at all though I wish there was a faster service where I live.

As for Sky sorry cannot help there but somebody will on here.
...Or you could try Telefonica in English. A company franchise that speaks English and takes care of the installation arrangements / provides after sales service etc. After my experience of trying to get Telefonica to do it (they hang up the phone more often than not when you don't speak Spanish!) 'Id recommend the English service... http://www.telefonicainenglish.com

Sky :
Do you currently subscribe? If you do you can bring your card and it will work in another receiver (sky only marry Sky Plus cards to receivers now I believe).

You cant officially subscribe outside the UK or Ireland, but there are providers who will "acquire" a card for you. This is more expensive than using your own card. (I take it your new home is for holiday uses and not permanent?)

There are many installers in Spain. Look in the local English press for one near you.

You need a bigger dish out here. 90cm will get you about half the channels, if you want BBC & ITV you need a very big dish in your area.
To allow this discussion to remain on topic, I have extracted some posts about a separate matter which is already being discussed elsewhere in this forum.

David HT Mod
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.