Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
What about your holiday insurance? surely you took out insurance when you booked the holiday?
The holiday/travel company will not return your money and if you only paid a deposit will come back to you for the full balance when it is due.
Sorry if this is not the answer you hoped for.

Alan
I'm sorry to hear about your ill health but you are going to have to claim against your holiday travel insurance for whatever you've lost less any excess on your policy. You are unlikely to get a refund form the TO for a cancellation regardless of the reasons for needing to cancel.

If you don't have any insurance, as long as you have cancelled before the balance is due then you would not usually be liable for the balance and will on,y lose what you have already paid but if you only paid a special low deposit with the balance of that due at a later date then you will still have to pay the balance of the deposit.

SM
Sorry! Same info. The minute I book a holiday I put travel insurance in place!

Hope you recover well and good wishes for the future.
officeangel wrote:
:yikes Hi
Anyone help me? My partner & I booked to go to Corfu but I had a stroke and was hospitalised so my partner cancelled. He wrote, called etc to ask for our money back. They won't refund anything. Anyone got any idea's? :yikes

As said you are ringing the wrong people. If you ring your travel insurance company they will send you a claim form which you complete, they will probably want some supporting documentation from your Doctor(s) and then you will get a refund less any excess on the policy (the later is normally a small amount like £50).
Low Cost won't refund you. It's not their fault you need to cancel. You need to contact your travel insurance to see if its possible to claim for lost monies. Hopefully your stroke wasn't linked to any pre existing conditions, or if it was, they had been declared and your policy was endorsed to confirm they were covered.
If you paid by credit card,you might be able to claim from them.
comparethebeermat wrote:

Only if the credit card came with full travel insurance. There would be no claim under section 75.
comparethebeermat wrote:

This is incorrect. You can't claim for health reasons just buy paying by credit card.

Section 75 is for when a supplier fails, goes into liquidation etc even then they often expect you to go to your travel insurance first.
Hi officeangel , First and foremost , I hope you are better and making a recovery , but unfortunately this is a situation where you will need to claim from your travel insurance for any losses you have .
Hope everything works out well for you .
Same answers as above, my sister had booked to go away to Morrocco, and fell very ill on the day they were supposed to fly out, called the insurance company, she was able to get all her money back but her boyfriend was not. As long as you had insurance that covers any inability to travel due to ill health they should return the money back to you, as long as you can supply evidence, a doctors note etc, which I'm sure should not be an issue!
col256 wrote:
Same answers as above, my sister had booked to go away to Morrocco, and fell very ill on the day they were supposed to fly out, called the insurance company, she was able to get all her money back but her boyfriend was not. As long as you had insurance that covers any inability to travel due to ill health they should return the money back to you, as long as you can supply evidence, a doctors note etc, which I'm sure should not be an issue!

Did he have travel insurance?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.