General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Pretty much anywhere in the Eurozone is going to be more expensive than last year due to the exchange rate :(

But if that's not a problem for you then I'd recommend Albufeira (FAB place for a group) in Portugal or how about Lanzarote, same climate as Tenerife and will still be busy in Puerto Del Carmen. We're off to Benalmadena in June so can't comment on that yet as haven't been before but again the temps look good for Sept/Oct and the nightlife seems to be pretty good too :tup
I've been to Lanzarote several times, including in the middle of September when it was HOT, HOT, HOT! Puerto Del Carmen would probably be the resort for you.

Can't help with cost as it's been a few years since I was last there ;)
lets look at it several ways

1] the hottest places [within 41/2 hrs] will be
Azores
Canaries
North Africa
Cyprus
Malta
Southern turkey
Crete/Rhodes

the rest

2] cheapest when there [and heres where the problems start

North Africa
Turkey
Spain mainland
Balearic's
Greece
Malta
Canaries
Azores

3] night life for young en's

any of the main 18/30 resorts in Europe or
Turkey
North Africa
Malta
Cyprus
Malta
Azores

well thats the way i see it and its my personal opinion.. i must however make the point of wherever you go if you get away from resort areas, to where the locals eat and drink, prices will be a lot lower and quality better, if you want British/American style food you will pay through the nose wherever you go

wiz
I think probably Lanzarote, Gran Canaria or Fuerterventura. Choose a resort with lots of bars, cafes and restaurants as competition should keep costs down.

I think you need to be realistic about costs and assume it will cost the same as here.

I know its not on your list but I think Tunisa is one of the best value places now and weather should be brill in October.
I know its not on your list but I think Tunisa is one of the best value places now and weather should be brill in October.

Although I've never been there, I've been told I wouldn't like Tunisia as it would be too quiet for me and I'm in my mid forties :really So I would presume not very suitable for 3 young lads :que
I would say if you're looking for decent nightlife and good weather in early Autumn then you'll need to be looking at the Canaries.
Puerto Rico in Gran Canaria is supposed to be the hottest place in the Canaries with good nightlife in various commercial centres, and reasonably-priced accomodation. Playa del Ingles/Maspalomas is also good for nightlife, but a little more "European" than Puerto Rico.
Puerto del Carmen in Lanzarote is a good place for bars etc, also Corralejo in Fuerteventura.
Cyprus will still be very warm in Sept/Oct easily as hot as the Canaries if you fancy somewhere else, again though it's on the Euro now. Ayia Napa would be agreat choice :tup
Definately wouldn't recommend Tunisia as it wouldn't be lively enough for the boys! I've been to Greece -Laganas and Argassi which are both lively and still very hot in September when we went. Only problem is with the euro as it is at the moment it'll be quite expensive. I can recommend Turkey (Gumbet) very lively and cheap and would still be hot in September. :)
i also think somewhere in turkey would be your best option for price, the weather in sept is lovely and hot but not unbearable like july and august can be. if you want somewhere lively then opt for 1 of the main resorts like marmaris, kusadasi etc, anywhere that has the euro is going to be a lot dearer than turkey
thanks all for you help.....

I will let you know where we choose.....

Lots to decide
I wonder whether Turkey will be as cheap as people are anticipating? Their prices will most likely increase due to higher demand.
We are booked for Greece, again. I would rather spend my holidays where I love rather than my destination be dictated by the euro.
:tup
I didn't think Turkey was that cheap anyway even last summer before the pound crashed. :duh But perhaps that was because I went to Olu Deniz :que the large resorts like Marmaris may keep prices keen due to the competition of the huge amount of bars and restaurants that are available. Be interesting when this seasons reports start to come in on prices.
A friend has just come back fromTurkey and she said it wasn't cheap ... but then again not too expensive...

What are people's thoughts on Malaga ?
Due to the pound/euro situation, Malaga won't be really cheap. A friend has just come back and said she was shocked at the price of the drinks - however, they do tend to serve what I class as doubles so I don't think the prices are that bad, not much different to England. If the exchange rate improves, then even better.

You would probably be able to get cheap flights out there (I've just booked a return flight from East Midlands to Granada at the end of March for £90 with Ryanair including hold luggage etc..) so you might find you could free up some cash for spending money by getting a cheaper flight and booking accom directly rather than going through a tour operator.

Louise
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.