Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Hi Baggie,

We had a problem with Thomas Cook last summer in that the hotel we had specifically booked in Turkey became unavailable due to building work. We then discovered that tour operators are within their rights (it's all there, buried in the small print in the t&c pages!) to substitute the hotel/apartment you have booked for something similar. In the case of Thomas Cook you were only entitled to compensation if the change were to a whole star rating lower i.e. 4* to 3* .... we took this to mean that a half * downgrade wouldn't count! Disappointing to say the least! Hope you sort this one out.

Cazz
Hi Baggie we have stayed at the Jardin del Playa a few times and it is definatly not in the same league as the Punta Del Mar. We are looking to book the Punta del Mar with Panorama for Oct/Nov and are having no problems with booking.
Strange - my friend and her husband booked the Punta del Mar with Alpharooms for end of April this year. When they got to resort they were sent to the Jardin del Playa.............

She said the Jardin, although the sheets and kitchen were clean, it was definitely 'worn' with dirty marks on the walls etc and that the corridors and poolside could have done with a good clean.

I wonder if it's an issue with dor hoteles ?

They should be offering you the same standard of accommodation not a lower rating.
Hi Baggie .. perhaps you have already seen this, but this is what Winter Sunshine Holidays Booking Terms & Conditions say on the subject of overbooking:

12. Overbooking by properties

Overbooking by properties is rare, however we guarantee that even though the occurrence is through no fault of our own, we will endeavour to offer an equivalent or better substitute, or all monies paid will be returned you.

David :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.