Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
As the flights were organised by the agent I would assume they would rebook you.

fwh
I had booked a holiday through travel republic and the flights part travel republic used custom flights. I had to accept the transfer of flight in writing and fill in a CAA claims form allowing the new flight provider to claim my money from custom flights. You will may need to do this as I know others who booked with similar companies had to do the same. I would contact Low cost ASAP and sort this out
I'm still trying to contact Low Cost Holidays. I've emailed them several times and trying to get through to them on the phone is an absolute joke. They have not told us anything. It was only by chance that there was a problem with ou booked flights. I'm still hoping naively that I'm worring over nothing and they will sort it out. I'm just annoyed that a company who say that they state they offer a friendly and efficient service with a team of holiday professionals available seven day a week to answer any questions wont answer mine.
If your deposit was paid to custom flights then it will be lost as the CAA need your permission to give your deposit to an alternative flight provider if infact low cost found you one. Also lowcost can not put you on another flight without your permission if your deposit was paid over.

I would contact them via recorded delivery letter and I would also contact the CAA. Luckily you do have until November 2010 to claim your money back via the CAA.
You wont have a flight voucher as you will not be on the flight you booked. I hate to advise you but it does appear you have no flight. Having been through this myself with another company and after discussing my claims process with other members on here booked with different companies, we all had to do the same thing and if we did not do anything then our money remained with custom flights adminstrators and we had no flight. As you haven't booked a package (lowcost offer dynamic packages ) then the responsibility is yours to sort this out. If low cost have not got you another flight then you will have to pay out and rebook another flight and then claim back from the CAA the money you have given out already. The CAA takes up to 6 to 9 months to pay back and you claim back by filling out a form on their website.
I notice the OP says she has paid the holiday in full 2 weeks ago, I'm presuming that the money she sent Low Cost Holidays included monies due for the flights she'd originally booked too. You'd have thought LCH would have informed her at that time about the flights, also she must surely be due a refund of monies recently paid to LCH for the balance of the flights, if they have indeed been lost because of Custom flights going bust??
I'd persevere in contacting LCH, maybe try their booking line as you may have more success in getting an answer on that, than on their aftersales number, and just ask to transfer your call!
Please let us know how you get on and good luck in sorting this out!
Try these no's 01342 305620 / 01342 305644/ 0800 1116280 for Low cost holidays. I got through but can't remember which no I rung.
with custom flights, they don't always take a deposit for their flights as alot of them are scheduled and you must be all when you book. I paid in full for my flight in October 09 which I wasn't due to take until June 10. The remaining money ie the full balance is then your accomodation and transfers.

Lowcost holidays perhaps should have said something then but perhaps they are assuming the OP has claimed her money back via the CAA and booked an alernative flight with another company as she has not contacted them about this.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.