Spain - All Other Costas, Inland Areas Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding all Spanish areas not covered.
costa de la luz
7 Posts
Untill you get a more definative reply you may want to see the hotels reviews here although they are from last seasons holiday period it would give you an idea of how others liked or disliked the hotel.
Hi. My wife and i (26&28) went to the Atlantico in June 07.
The weather was great 25-30 degreesand the hotel is fantastic. 1 minute from the beach, 3 minutes from the shops/bars.
The hotel is very clean and the staff are great. Go for the early seating time for evening meal, we found the later time was quite late. The hotel had a lot of Spanish visiters which was great for me as i am learing Spanish. The pool area was spotless and quite large. We usually go to Tenerife on holiday but decided to have a change and we were not dissapointed. The area is quite quiet (which suited us fine) There are about 6-8 bars in the plasa that alsso double up as resturants and you can watch the fishing boats come in in the evening. Nearby is Seville (Spains 3rd largest city i think) if the weather does turn visiting there would be an option. We didnt hire a car, but you may want to do this if you like to ventre out a little.
Weather should be hot and sunny at the end of August. My in-laws are in that region at the moment at they say it's still about 27/28c.

Sorry can't help you with the area as we always go to the bottom half of the Costa de la Luz.
The weather in the Costa de la Luz in July/Aug/Sept is usually hot like others have said but you do find that due to the breeze from the Atlantic it is bearable. I have been to several parts of Spain in these months and always find that the Luz is the nicest for weather as i personally find other parts far to hot for me in August.
Isla Canela, where the Rui Atlantico is situation is about 10 minutes from Ayamonte (regular bus service from hotels) which is a "working town", so not dependent upon tourists, therefore, shops and restuarants open year round. There is a ferry that travels between Ayamonte and Villa Real (Portugal) about €1.30 pp each way, which is a pleasant and enjoyable 15 minute crossing. You also have the golf course in Isla Canela along with many more throughout the area, both on the Spanish side and Portugese. If there's anything specific you wish to know, I'd be happy to try to help. In the meantime there are a couple of websites that may be of help to you and they are: http://www.infoayamonte.com and http://www.eyeonislacanelaforum.co.uk Regards, Scoya.
A little more about the Costa de la Luz.

The Costa de la Luz is still relatively unknown among the English holidaymakers, making it a refreshing change from the more popular Costas. The area is roughly divided into two - Huelva Province and Cadiz Province and Cadiz is the area I know best, Chiclana de la Frontera in particular. This is where the Spanish come for their holidays, so Spanish is the language you will hear.

Absolutely stunning beaches (which retain the Blue Flag award from year to year) vary from miles of unbroken white sand, to beautiful little coves with cliffs, which in Springtime, are festooned with wild flowers. The Atlantic tides keep the beaches clean and fresh but for those who have experienced the freezing waters of the Portuguese Algarve, don't worry - the sea on the Luz coast is warmed by the Gulf Stream and people bathe in the sea through all the winter months.

There is so much to see and do, with Seville only one and a half hours from us, Cadiz 20 minutes, Jerez 35 minutes and, of course, many beautiful inland 'white' villages to explore.

Fantastic year round weather makes this a wonderful place to visit, even in the depths of winter as the temperatures can still be in the low 20s at this time of year. Indeed, it's a shame that more people don't take advantage of this area out of the main holiday season - such a waste of all that lovely sunshine!

Served by a great choice of airports, wherever you live in the UK it's possible to arrange a flight, many with the low cost airlines to Jerez airport - 35 minutes/Seville airport - 90 minutes/Gibraltar airport - 75 minutes/Malaga airport - 150 minutes (approximate driving times to our own place in Chiclana de la Frontera).

From huge all inclusive hotels in the Novo Sancti Petri area, to affordable & beautiful , privately owed holiday villas with their own pools, there is something for everyone.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.