Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I'm so jealous think I would even sell my soul to the devil for a spot of goan sunshine and a prawn curry right now

Have a great time!!
Two and a half weeks for us but not counting honest.

Papa
Hi Poohead46

We are going on monday afternoon from manchester too! :D who are you going with?? we are with Thomas Cook we are staying at the Mira though. Cant wait and yes it is always the same with work isnt it, it has to drag on and on and on :(

But not long till :sun2 :sun2
Hi Kelster6911

Yes we are going with Thomas Cook as well- Where is your hotel is it Candolim?

Let hope we are not delayed at Manchester Airport due to weather conditions.

Might see you at the airpot or on the plance :sun2
Hi

The hotel is in calangute so not far, are you going to any of the meets at the carvery?? We will both be on plane now trying to guess who we are! :rofl

I hope we dont get delayed too but i doubt it will be bad i think we have had the worse of it now, funnily enough last time we went in 2007 the same thing happened with the weather as i can remember saying the week before i hope this weather gets better before we go or we will be delayed!! Strange eh :think

Did you book your seats on the plane?? We didnt as it is such a rip off but knowing our luck we will end up sat seperate :(
No we didnt book the seats on plane just going to try and get to Manchester early.

Hopefuly will try and get some sleep on the plane.(ha ha) never got any yet.

You realise we will looking around manchester departures at all the people
going to Goa and saying it that person I speak to on the forum

Will try and go to carvery? but not sure where it is ?

Come on counting the days down now and also taking the marlaria tablets as well now. Only two days left at work

:cheers
Hi

We are going on the train and getting there at about 11 so hopefully as soon as the desks open!! You know i can never sleep on the plane either but this i have tried to be more prepared! I have ear plugs, an eye mask and nytolls so fingers crossed i will be ok.

I have no idea where the carvery is but my husband seems to know he is very good at directions, I am sure if you ask a taxi driver or have you seen the directions people have wrote on here??

and you know we will be scanning everybody I was telling rich (hubby) last night and he was laughing. So you can guess its us i will PM you and tell you what we are wearing then if you do see us you know its us ha ha!

And work is nearly over!!! we cant count today as it is already here so that is 1 full day left at work!! :D Great
We are parking at Manchester Airport travelling up the M6 from the midlands so more than likely we will be stuck in traffic hopefully be up for about 11.00 ish

I can never sleep on the plane so defintely going to have few glasses of wine or a few largers
in the bar first probably do this in Duty free area . Never used nytol is it any good.

:sun2
Oh i am sure the traffic will be awful it is always is when you want to get some where, thats why we always go on the train instead so we dont have to worry about that.

I find it so hard sleeping last time we went i tried nytol and managed to sleep for a few hours but its too noisey an bright for me, hence the eye cover and ear plugs hopefully then i will be ok. I would say it is worth a try though.

So have you been to goa before then i take it?? this will be our 5th time.
I'm surprised you trust the train more than driving. I use the transpenine train to work everyday and it puts me off completely knowing the number of trains that are cancelled and late on a day to day basis. We get a taxi, costs us £70 return but is well worth it, they always know where the traffic jams are and we have never had a problem.
I know it seems nuts doesnt it!! :que but i suppose i am other extreme i drive to work on M62 every day and it is almost always full of traffic and crashes here there and everywhere, yet we have never (touch wood) had a problem with any trains, also the trains are alot cheaper it would be £100 in taxis if we prebooked and it was £32 for both of us on train. I always set off earlier than i need to anyway just incase owt does happen. :D
You have to do what you are comfortable with, there is nothing worse than fretting about getting to the airport on time. We also go very early as well. Once I am on my way my holiday has started and we always have a nice meal when we get to the airport and relax. I am also one of those lucky people who can sleep on the plane as well. May be something to do with the bottle of wine with the meal and the G&T, wine and Baileys on the plane though! Have a great holiday anyway, I'm sure you will. Youwill be glad to get away from this horrible weather.
Well I'm on the same flight as you both, and the same hotel as poohhead46 :D
We booked seats with it being 333 seating. Cause at the back of the plane there are a few rows of 2 seats, so we've booked the same seats going there and back. Just trying to be anti-social by not sitting next to someone else :D ha ha

One more work sleep to go though!!!!
Third time to Goa last time stopped was in 2006 so I expect to it have changed a little.

Already considering booking for next year already.

Have parked the car at airport because booked in advance was only £58.00 and will cost about 25.00 in fuel will have to leave home no later 9.00 am so will end up stuck in traffic

At least the other half will drive :D
BrenLiz wrote:
u have to do what you are comfortable with, there is nothing worse than fretting about getting to the airport on time.

You took the words out of my mouth ha ha. I fret so badly as well but like you say once i set off i am on holiday!! but even if i drink before and on the plane i just cant seem to sleep poor me :cry

and i will think of you all in this horrid weather!!! :haha

Also Hello Salford!!

I was tempted to book those seats at the back but i just though i am not paying £60 its such a rip off i will just hope to be there early enough to get a decent seat. when you prebooked the seats did they say how many where left at the back?? Are you going to the carvery meets??

and yes only one more work sleep :D
Hi ya Salford

I thought the plane was 242 seating didnt even know what plane it was. :think

So will have to go early to get two seats together.

See you on plane or at the Hotel. :sun2
poohhead46 wrote:
Third time to Goa last time stopped was in 2006 so I expect to it have changed a little.

we didnt go last year either as we were getting married so we havent been since 2007. Parking isnt too expensive then is it, we could get lifts off family etc but then you have to do the honours back dont you :sad and there is nothing worse than going to the airport when you are not going anywhere !!

also with our plane when i looked on internet it said it had two seats all the way down both sides but then when we got the tickets it was 3 seats and then just 2s at the back i was not happy :cry
Hiya Kelster6911 :)
I booked the seats a couple of weeks after booking the holiday, in October-ish last year. And back then there wasn't actually many that had been pre-booked. I think most people just tend to book the extra leg room and premium seats in advance.

I just thought it was worth it to get 2 seats together, and a row of 2 rather than 3. As we've had a few experiences sat next to others in rows of 3 over the past few years :D
Hadn't even thought about the Carvery Meets to be honest, we didn't go to any meets last time to be honest. But who knows :)
i never looked at the back of the tickets i will look tonight when get back home :think
if i can get in the back bedroom with all clothes and stuff everywhere which i need to
start sorting out. Seem to have too much to take the other half says i need to take only
half of the stuff i have put out. not sure how many clothes i should take, shoes and sandles, make up of course.
:)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.