Eastern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Eastern Europe
My boyfriend and I plan to spend two weeks in Croatia at the end of Sept/ beginning of Oct but are unsure of where to stay in order to have a (sunny) sandy beach resort and see the Plitvice Lakes on a day trip. :?
Ideally we would also like to have access to the multitude of outdoor activities available- such as mountain biking, kayaking, snorkelling, climbing and sea fishing. We think the southern Dalmatia area is the best for all of this except getting to the National Park. Can anyone help us with our location options please? Is there anywhere comparable to the Plitvice Lakes in the south?

We are also considering what our cheapest accommodation option is (- so that we have more to spend on the fun stuff mentioned above!) We have found that the HB resorts are very similarly priced to the SC apartments and that AI is limited and much more expensive. What is recommended for best value for money?

Thanks.
We have just come back from a week in Porec which we loved. We are now looking at trying a different part of Croatia next year and wanted some recomendations. We are a group of friends between the ages 26 and 38 so we want somewhere relaxing but with things to do like Porec with bars and entertainment for the evening.
We have just come back from a week in Porec which we loved. We are now looking at trying a different part of Croatia next year and wanted some recomendations. We are a group of friends between the ages 26 and 38 so we want somewhere relaxing but with things to do like Porec with bars and entertainment for the evening.
Hi - we went to Trogir last year, and it was great. Lovely walled town centre, plenty of bars and restaurants, and a square where you can usually listen to live music in the evening. Quite close to Split, which is well worth a visit too.

kev
Hubby and i were really taken by the look of croatia on some recent TV programmes an we were wondering if anyone could offer any recommendations for Summer 08 for hotels / resorts etc?
We are a couple with a 3 year old daughter so our preference is all inclusive, even though we still go on day trips and eat out a couple of times we find this offers better value for us and my daughter gets maximum choice of what to eat, although she isnt fussy we find it suits us. I wonder if this would be the same in Croatia....

Any help would be much appreciated. thanks x
Queentutti

Cavtat would fit your requirements - it's only a short bus/boat ride away from the hussle and bustle of Dubrovnik...

U2fan
Thanks for all your replies, we are deciding between Trogir and Cavtat..lol
Thinking of booking a villa just not found one..lol
Has anyone been to croatia with cosmos ?
am thinking of this as a destination for next yr using clubcard deals :)
I seem to have the choice of 2 areas Pula and Dubrovnik ( how far away are they from each other ??? )

http://www.cosmos.co.uk/packagesearch/Croatia/any/any/any/2009-05-23/7nights/Cardiff/2adults/2children/0infants?page=2

Thanks for any info

x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.