Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
I was in Benalmadena on June 3rd and got 1.14 using my Nationwide Flex Account debit card.

A.M.
Hi,

We're off to Benalmadena on Friday 17th. Please can anyone give an idea of the current rates in ATMs?

Thanks
HB
Please can anyone give an idea of the current rates in ATMs?

only YOUR bank can answer that one
as an average it will be interbank rate less 3% then subject to whom you bank with a one off charge for each transactions
as i type todays interbank rate is 1.164 eu to the pound sterling

wizard
115 to the £ at Exotic tours Torremolinos last Saturday
1.1410 in Ibensa Square (Benalmadena) for Sterling bank notes today.

Mike.
Exchange rate:
Notes: 1.053
Cheques: 1.059

Just working on the prices as like for like, if something says 7 euros, then it´s 7 pounds sterling.
:bawl

Sanji
Anyone know the rate in costa del sol just now please cheers mazza
http://www.rubenexchange.com/newprices.html has offices in Benalmadena and Torremolinos. They usually have the best rates in town. Their website is updated daily and is showing 1.135€ to the £ today.

Mike.
We are off to La cala in June, and was just wondering what the different exchange rate is for the euro out there. Should we take all Euro's from this country or wait to exchange it out there. Thanks in advance :wave:
Does it make any difference if I take Sterling over there and change it to Euro's, or just get it straight out of a cash machine? Thanks
I normally take enough to last me a day and change when I get where I am going.Usually you can get about 2cents more.
Dont you lose out if you take money out of ATMs,after your bank makes the conversion? :think
Others talk about a Nationwide card for withdrawls, but I have heard they are harder to get now.
Nationwide make no chgs at ATM's, i have had mine about 5yrs, not sure about being harder to get though.. :think
Marlou most ex booths only give good rate for £500 + have heard Rubens might be the best, but only ever use my N.W card.. Justed checked the Ruben link and its €1.1950, no mention on amounts per £, that is a very very good rate, lets hope the £ gets stronger.. :tup
Hi
Just Returned from La Carihuela
I usually take travellers cheques but for first time i decided to take some euros cash to last a few days then use the cash machines (ATMs) im so glad i did it was so easy...cash machines / banks everywhere and the charges were not as big as i thought.I would draw £200 at a time , i had an exchange rate of 1.17 and all they charged me was £3 ...to me it was well worth it ...hassle free no worry about hiding cash or hiring a safe or where to cash my cheques. :)

Jo xx
Off to Los Boliches, in Fuengirola next week, staying at the Yarama. Would anyone know where the nearest currency exchange would be or would I be better off to change my travellers cheques at the hotel?

Thanks in advance.
There are two travel agencies in the same block that I always use.
Never change any money in the hotel or at any airport
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.