Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Pipefitter, is Jasmine tours the best rates, if so where is it situated in Torremolinos?
Best rate no commision last weekend was 129.60.
Can anyone tell me what sort of exchange rates are available in the general Benalmadena / Torremolinos area? Heading to Torre on Sunday & staying near the marina. We usually change money at home but the rate is so bad at the moment we are thinking of waiting til we get there.
Thanks
Rate two weeks ago was 129.50 with no hidden charges.Tourist rates in UK have not changed much since so expect the same.I always use the travel agent a few doors down from the Baileys Irish bar Torremolinos
There is a travel agent near the Picasso statue roundabout at Playamar where I consistently get a better rate than elsewhere. And I find that the rate in Spain is invariably better than the U.K
:wave: Going to CARIHUELLA next Friday 21st and having never been before is there anywhere with a good rate of exchange there, can't remember the name of the appts we are staying think they are opposite the WONKEY DONKEY.
Didnt you say you were staying at the Don Lucia apts in your other post Twinky Winky????
lost the piece of paper with the name of the appts on, didnt think to look back at previous posts, :duh is it better to use an ATM machine ?
I doubt if any ATMs know where your going either :rofl Sorry about that couldnt resist it.
Hi again Twinkey Winkey.
We're taking a few euros for the first day and are going to rely on our debit card and ATM's for the rest of the week. We don't usually bother carrying too much currency over with us.
:wave PIPEFITTER Had a few to drink when I posted that. :shush If you now what THATS LIKE :haha
Bear in mind that you will be charged an Admin fee every time you use you card to make a cash withdrawal from an ATM. This can be around two or three quid per time. There goes your savings. I take enough euros for the train fare and a drink on the first night and shop around for the best rates which are invariably better than the U.K.
Bear in mind that you will be charged an Admin fee every time you use you card to make a cash withdrawal from an ATM. This can be around two or three quid per time.
Apart from if you have a Nationwide account where there's no charge. :tup
I have a Nationwide FlexAccount with no charges for ATM withdrawals but the exchange rate still isn't as good as changing UK banknotes at a bureau in Spain. There are two bureaux close to each other in Ibenza Sq and the competition between them always seems to ensure a good rate !

A.M.
we always find Rubens the best place for changing money.We even change our english money in there to put into our spanish account,as the bank doesn`t give us such a good rate :que
Hi just wondering if I will get a better rate in Spain, rather than getting them here!!! as the rate is so bad just now.
We do have a Nationwide account. :que
Today's rate for cash on the coast is 1.245. I'd be surprised if you could beat that back in the UK. I see the Post Office offers 1.225, and that is without commission.
Hi,
the exchange rate is at it's lowest ever and doesn't seem likely to get better. When we were in Spain just over a week ago the rate was 1.25 but I understand it's still coming down. As Tony says you'd be slightly better off getting your money changed out there. If you've a Nationwide debit card you'll be better offf getting your money from one of the ATM's as you won't get charged. The machines do ask whether you want the cash to be debited form your account in pounds or Euros. I know that you get a better deal with one but I'm not sure which :duh
sorry about that. Maybe someone else will know the answer.
If you are using a nationwide flexicard and asked by an ATM if you wish to have euros or pounds always make sure you select EUROS. If you select pounds that means that the ATM provider does the exchange and that is always lower than Nationwide
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.