Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Da Orada
5 Posts
I think the walk to the Old Town along the coast will be very nice now that they have upgraded it. There are lots of family-friendly bars and restaurants there. It's a great atmosphere in a lovely setting - cobbled streets and alleyways, the main square with its street entertainment during the high season and two good beaches. Very safe, and ideal for your kids at the ages they are.

It's a short taxi ride if you want to visit the busier part of Albufeira, the new town (The Strip area).

The Da Orada apartments are at the new Marina, and there are quite a few restaurants open there now, but you'll find it quite a peaceful setting. There are boat trips available from the Marina, and there's also a 5-a-side football pitch which I think anyone can play on.

One of the best beaches is just to the west of the Marina - Praia Grande at Sao Rafael. It's walkable in about 10-15 minutes.
any membes able to help with a review?? please postHERE

thanks
wizard
thank you for the reply roseweb seems like a nice colourful place,we like to be away from the hustle and bustle but we dont want it to boring especially for the children. were there lots of other children staying there? if so it sounds perfect, thankyou!
We haven't stayed at the apartments but there are some reviews here. In fact we usually go out of season and have always found the Marina fairly quiet and peaceful then! Some of the shops and restaurants are trading but there are still quite a lot of empty ones.

Sorry I can't be of more help but maybe someone on here has been in the Summer holidays ......?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.