Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Dalaman Airport
856 Posts
Hi Lizzy,what website did you read this on please?
I think there my have been some confusion recenty with this. The EU are looking at ensuring the enforcement of the liquids restrictions are uniform throughout europe and further afield as it's inconsistance at the moment. The enforcement of the liquids restrictions is also being reviewed with the possibility of it being lifted in 2012 or 2013, but it's still in force at the moment.

Darren
We've been told it's difficult to prove anything, as there's no documented evidence
to prove any money changed hands. (the very reason they demand cash only)!! :que
Turkish airline,(The common one), they don't want to know!! (ever tried contacting them)?
My Daughter and the other folks knew it was nothing to do with Bristol airport,
but they were angry, and wanted the incident documented.
Thankfully, being British, he was a very helpful man who was interested in
listening to their complaint, and disgusted this is going on!
lizzy b we just got back on saturday from marmaris we had to bin our water befere going through security . They are very strict too we were just over on weight on our luggage 2 cases weighed together and ended up having to pay £8 yet i had my own scales that told me we were under we added a mug but surely that would not make much difference .
Coming back through Dalaman 2 years ago we were told by TC ref on our bus to check the weight of our bags on unattended scales at check-in. One of our bags was slightly over so we removed towels to a beach bag which I carried as hand luggage. There were 2 check-ins side by side and it just looked like pot luck if you were done for overweight luggage or not, thankfully we weren't but there were people beside us in tears and a lot were being charged.
Buy some plastic 100ml bottles from Poundland and fill these with water to avoid paying the ridiculous prices they charge at the airport. :rofl
They need to be put in a plastic bag to be screened at security. :tup
evening all
im off to dalaman / marmaris tomorrow and not sure if im aloud to take childrens juice and some sandwiches with me through the security :que

:thanks debbi
Not drinks Debbie through departure security. You'll need to buy them airside once your through. Same on return.

Sandwiches are fine. No liquids at all really so becareful to pack liquid cosmetics also.
debbi79,

A word of warning, food and drink is very expensive at Dalaman Airport. It's the most expensive airport I've ever been through, and I've been through a lot! So be prepared. There are some tips above, but no liquids are permitted over 100ml with a limit of a 20cm square bag, exactly the same as a UK airport.

Darren
We've never had a problem with them trying to charge us for excess baggage at dalaman. It's the 11 quid they want for a tube of pringles that we have an issue with!!!!
edgerswife wrote:
It's the 11 quid they want for a tube of pringles that we have an issue with!!!!
:yikes :yikes

Surely not??? Really??? OMG!
[code]It's the 11 quid they want for a tube of pringles that we have an issue with!!!![/code]

and the £8 for a small can of efes (local lager)
Yes really!! Lol, it's the most expensive airport we've been to. It never used to be that bad years ago. I always pack sandwiches before we leave the resort now even if it's late evening. I will NOT pay their ridiculous prices. 4 years ago I was flying back with the kids and met a poor woman who was diabetic in departures. She ended up paying an extortionate price for some fries from one of the fast food places (around 9 quid for a small coke and small fries I believe but she had no choice). Now they've stopped you taking drinks through I'm afraid we go thirsty till we get on the plane as airline prices are a pittance compared with dalaman....... 11 quid for a tube of pringles..... approx 80 quid on a special offer for 1000 fags, you couldn't make it up! I remember the rep telling of the cost on the way to dalaman, it would be an idea if they told people in resort or when on the transfer at the start of their trip.
Oh I wish I could remember more prices, it would make a great game!!
edgerswife wrote:
the 11 quid they want for a tube of pringles that we have an issue with!!!!

I don't think I've ever seen prices like that for Pringles, but £12 for a drink, burger and fries at the fast food outlet is the norm and £7 a pint at the bar. I simply refuse to pay the prices and have something before travelling to the airport and wait until I board the flight. It's worse than it used to be since the new terminal opened that is privately funded.

Darren
The pringles were on sale at a little shop at the departure gate, my husband went to buy some for the plane and nearly passed out when he found out the price!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.