Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Never done it but have had feed back from other people, they stayed in an aweful hotel was a waste of money, wouldnt do it again, i am sure you will soon get some info from people who have experienced it for them selves

Not a good idea with small children
my friend did it from olu deniz and she had 3 young kids with her and said it was also a waste of money :que

best wait and see if you get any feedback from someone that has actually done it
Cheers folks... Iam thinking It wont be that good :que
Wait for more info .. I think :think

Cheers :cheers

Gink.
Here a link to an earlier thread on this
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=48722&start=0

I wouldn't do it. spend your time relaxing at your hotel and having a nice farewell meal somewhere.

If you want to visit Dalyan and the mus baths do it as a separate trip during your stay...................much less streesful.

Enjoy your trip Turkey is great :cheers
Hi,it may be an idea to check with the hotel what time you will have to leave your room,then ask how much to keep it for an extra night if necessary,probably cheaper and easier in the long run.T.
You could ask the owner if you could stay on or they may know of an hotel for one night.
I am sure they will let you stay in your room especially as you have children, diy,s dont usually throw you out, even if you have to pay an extra £10 will be worth it.
How old are your children if very young they wont enjoy mud baths anyway.
The airport/ hotel trip is usually organized by the reps to get you on your way out of the resort, the more people on the trip the less hassle for them :think
Sorry I should have said that I have a private rental ( NO REPS ) and that I have my apartment booked to cover us for the 5am departure.
I was thinking of using the last day as a trip to dalyan/hotel+transfer , so that we are closer to the airport. :think with the silly 5am departure time I was thinking this would be easier for the kids if they didnt have to travel far on the last night.
Thankfully this is just an idea that we wanted feedback on , and nothing is set in stone yet.

Cheers folks :cheers

Gink/
I think I'd hire a car ,take the children out for the day,get them really tired,give them a really early night so that they've had a decent sleep,get up ,have breakfast and go,hopefully they will go back to sleep on the plane but not be grouchy at the airport.T.
Nothing wrong with Dalyan - I'll be off there myself this year.

However, my parents have done the "last day of the holiday" sort of trip that I believe you are considering when they were staying at a further flung destination in Turkey. Their conclusion was that rather than being a nice last day it was actually poor quality (food and hotel) and a waste of money. Best avoided!

Cheers.
We did this a fews years ago and we had mixed feelings about it. We did feel we had missed out not having our last night at Olu deniz. But the trip itself was very good. Over the course of the day we got to speak to all the people in our party as there were lots of different stages of the trip. The hotel we had for the evening was only 1 or 2 star but it was clean and they were very friendly. We chose to go out i the town to eat with a couple of the others, it was nice to have a walk around Dalyan. One Big problem was that the travel agent forgot to come and collect us. We started to realise we were going to be late checking in, and although the hotel staff didn't really speak any english they understood what the problem was. We made phone calls and the Manager got his vehicle out to take us himself. The agent turned up but only in a car so the Manager still ended up taking some of us to the airport. It was different!
i wouldn t bother with this trip i think if you have kids (which we do ) it s more hassle. we ve had a 5.00am morning flight home the last few times, usually find its more of a nuisance for adults than kids. Id just relax and enjoy your last day.
Thanks for all the replys so far. :cheers

With the advice from this forum and some google search, WE think we will just enjoy our last day at our apartment , It will also save us a few ££s. Thanks for helping us with our TURKISH DELIGHTS, :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.