Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
From Sharm, you are better off doing the trip up to Eilat and visiting Dolphin Reef.
http://www.dolphinreef.co.il/
I agree with everything you say Briar, but they do do day trips there from Sharm and it is hardly a "Dolphinella" type operation. You would really have to trust to luck to swim with wild dolphins in Sharm, I cant believe we were so lucky in Nuweiba a couple of years ago. Mind you, i'd swap the experience for Olin still to be alive!
Its a good three and a half hours by road from Hurghada airport to the reef off Marsa - so that's 7 hours on the road, plus the flight from Sharm - ouch !!!!!
Oh Gosh!!
I didn't realise how far away it would be..I havn't been to Egypt before (can u tell!?)

Looks like its not going to happen then. Im so dissapointed now :(

Thanks for replys guys xx
I also forgot to mention that we have 2 kids..aged 9 and 4....so theres no dolphin trips we can do is there?? The 4 year old cannot swim but with a life jacket on he is confident in water..would he be allowed near dolphins?

Helen x
we went on a boat trip to the garden reef last week and on the way back to port we had 5 dolphins swimming round our boat they say its rare and we was really lucky to see them but it made our trip for us
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.