Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
there are trips to the rock but be aware its a very long day out you will get around 5 hrs to wander the rock but the total return time is likely to be around 14 hrs Best day travel use to be in PDR [think they still are] and are one of the largest independent tour/excursion companies on the Algarve, running several day and half day trips

wizard
You will find prices on Gib to be the same as or even more expensive than UK! Also you won't know the price of an item until you actually enter the shop as the majority of shopkeepers don't exhibit the price in the window. Funny enough, every time I've been there its either rained or been very foggy! :(

If you do go, please enjoy, but be very aware of the Spanish customs on the border. They can be extremely thorough. I've seen coaches turned inside out when one passenger was found to have tried to take beer out of the Rock.
Personally (and this is personal only) I don't like the place. :tongue
thanks for the reply.i had been on a day trip from costa del sol one year and it took a long time to get there.would it be further distance to get to.
funny because the day i went to it it was dull dn lashing rain aswell.
also customs got on to check the coach.not sure if they actually search your bag. :que
I went past a travel shop yesterday advertising one day trips to Gibraltar for 25 Euros. 0530 pickup. Not worth it?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.