Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
Hi Spottiswodde,

Thinking about going beginning of December to Agadir. Some questions;

What will the weather be like so I know what clothes to take? Also are females allowed to wear shorts/bikini tops in street?
How much money will I need for 1 week?
Can you exchange sterling travel cheques easy enough?
Can you hire scooters/motorbikes - if so what paperwork do you need?
Does anyone know what dates Ramadan is? Thinking about the alcohol here.
Do you get hassle from people trying to sell drugs? Been to Goa last 5 years and you do there.

You will need to take layers of clothing - the mornings and evenings can be quite cool.

Please do not offend the locals by wearing shorts/bikini tops in the street. That is definitely a NO NO for Muslim countries and you will find yourself harrassed and cold.

You may be able to change sterling travellers cheques in a bank or in your hotel, but I would contact your travel agent once you have booked a hotel for advice.

If you type 'ramadan 2005' into a search engine, you should come up with the dates. I think it will be over before you travel.

I would strongly advise against hiring motorbikes or the like as the driving in Morocco is comparable to the Wacky Races. Hiring a taxi is not excessive, and your hotel can help you to avoid rip-off merchants. Or take a tour; good for a first time visitor to a different culture.

You will not get hassled to buy drugs on the street - but please don't give the kids sweets or biros .... they have their own version of black marketeering!

Is Morocco really the country for you? If you can cope with a very different way of life, are open-minded and are keen to explore and can look beyond surface dirt and desolation, go ahead. If you are looking for AI luxury and romance, I don't think that Agadir will really suit you.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.