Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Dentist
19 Posts
best to check your own insurance before you go. If you put dentist in the search function at the top of the page and Goa as the forum you will find a lot of advice. Where are you off to?
I took my insurance out with M&S and was surprised when they asked me the question about going abroad with the intention of having specific dental work. I know I'm not covered if I do this, but I am covered if I need emergency dental work. It's definitely a case of checking with the individual insurance company before you go just to be on the safe side. I suppose with all the problems of getting a dentist on the NHS in some parts of the UK, the insurance companies have got wise and are introducing more exclusions in their policies.
We're off to Arpora on Monday and my cap fell out a couple of days ago so I've made an appointment with a dentist in Calangute on Thursday as I couldn't get an appointment with my dentist here in the uk. I haven't given a thought about insurance but I imagine my bill will be cheaper and I will be able to enjoy the food in Goa after the treatment
ecca
hi.i had my teeth whitened last year in goa and i have to say the dentist i saw was very good and also his pratice was very clean.i had no problems with having the work done there.the dentist goes through everything with you then its up to you to decide if you want the work done.regarding insurance i never gave it a fault,but it worked ok for me.if i go back this year i will prob visit the dentist again and have a little touch up as it did definatly make a difference..and is also much cheaper than here in the uk..
I can definately recommend the smile clinic in Calangute - I had laser treatment there just last week and it was very hygenic.
Thanks for the replies. Have booked an appointment for the dentist in Calangute as we are staying there for a bit. Looking forward to having my teeth sparkly white!

:lol:
hi shirleyv my wife is wanting to get her teeth whitened when we go in march. ive used a dentist in mapusa and had no problem, do you know where the dentist you used was exactly? and did they do a good job of your teeth? thanks for any reply
Neil
Just back from Calangute and also had my teeth whitened at Smile dental Clinic - i didnt give my insurance a thought. The denist was very professional actually one of the gentelist dentist i have ever been to. He explained everything and my teeth are now 9 shades whiter very pleased with result and price.
Hi Edhall,

Which method did you use (laser, gel or Britsmile)..??

considering but unsure,

Mids
I has a laser treatment called ZOOM totally painless and took about 1 1/4 hrs
and now have got a nice :lol:. Checked a couple of dentist out before i had it done and liked the look of Smiles the best
HI
AM I ALLOWED TO ASK EDHALL HOW MUCH THE TREATMENT COST?

REGARDS

Edit
please do not post in capital letters.
Fiona ht mod
Sorry I realised just as I clicked submit :oops:
Spottiswoode

no problem!
Hi, I also had the zoom 2 treatment which is painless - laser
my teeth are 6 shades whiter.
My wife would like to know how much it costs to have your teeth whitened.
Hi , tooth whitening in smile clinic , laser treatment was 12,000 rupees last week = £160.00
there are cheaper methods as well like bleach treatments
are there any hair implant practices in goa as my wife is getting her teeth whitened and ive not got anything to spend my money on thanks for any replies.
Just returned from Goa early hours of this morning. Relocated to the South after booking the North which seemed to have happened to a lot of people even though we'd booked many months in advance. Anyway the point of my post is to let everyone know that prior to the holiday I had booked a consultation at Dr Ambert Pimenta's Dental Practice in Calangute. I e mailed him on Xmas Eve and he changed my appointment to his practice in Margao in the South. I had 7 crowns and 1 root canal (a total of 4 visits including the consultation) and I'm delighted with the end result, especially when the dentist I visited in the UK literally told me the only thing he could do for me was to whip a couple of teeth out and replace them with dentures!! Dr Ambert is a great guy, extremely professional and I could not have asked for better treatment in a totally relaxed atmosphere. I would say to anyone wanting dental treatment whilst on holiday to Go(a) for it you won't be disappointed. Thanks Ambert see you next year for a check up.
I had my teeeth bleached in Goa my first time there (now have been 8 times). Yes, it was cheap, hygienic, professional and after experiences in the Midlands of England FAR superior than any medical care in England! GO for it! Which ever treatment you use it will be money well apent.
I won't say which dentist I used. He wasn't in any of the tourist towns/villages and it won't serve me well if i say who I used! Already in the last five years his prices have soared! but contact me privately I might own up! :-)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.