Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Went to the dentist a couple of days ago to have a tooth filed read for a crown - (I had root canal last month :cry: but thankfully I experienced hardly ANY pain for the whole course of treatment. The lady I go to is in Mapusa (I can find out name if anyone is interested). I think the root canal cost 1500 Rs and the crown is going to be 2500 Rs... How does that compare? Have my crown fitted on Wednesday... :?
damn needed root canal and crown done a few months ago, UK dentist wanted nearly £800 told them to pull it instead still cost £100.

poipleshadow if you could let me know the name and addy or email addy so i can get in touch as my wife needs some work done and may as well wait till we go out in march.

TIA
I paid approximately the same for my treatment
will try and remember to bring her details to the internet cafe next time I come...
hello,
i had my teeth whitened in Calanguage by the dentist above the Reebok shop. Very clean. :D

However,appointment kept being delayed due to numerous power cuts. The treatment made my teeth very sensitive and i was uncomfortable for 24hrs afterwards! :oops: So be warned!!!

Also, during the treatment my mouth was aching like mad, as it was kept open for ages and was really uncomfortable. Would i go to the dentist whilst on holiday again? :hmmm

I think not!
I also had my teeth bleached, but she made a mould for me to use at night, you just put the bleach in it and wear it during your sleep, teeth slightly sesitive for 3 days, but it was worth every penny, no discomfort whilst wearing it.
lin b how much did it cost you ?? was recently quoted £385 for this to be done.
hi, it was i believe 4,500 rupees which at todays rate makes it 55 pounds.
We got back a couple of weeks ago and i also had my teeth bleached at the dentist above the reebok shop and i also suffered the uncomfortable sensitive teeth but only for 24 hours. It was a lazer treatment lasted about 40 mins and cost 3000 rupees about 36 quid, cheap i hear you say, yes but i was supposed to have a second go but with the power cuts he could not fit me in again. We found another dentist just up the road a bit and went to see if she could do it, but she could only offer the overnight treatment that 'linb' must of had. we had the moulds made, it only took 2 days and we got the Colgate Platinum Overnight kits to take home with us. There was enough for about ten nights treatment but after 4 nights my teeth are sparkling white. The price for this kit was 3500 rupees, about 40 quid, i believe dentists in uk charge over 300 quid for this kit.
Its easy to tell who has been to goa, they are all walking around with the colgate ring of confidence over their head (sorry any youngsters who dont know what i am talking about)
hi everyone
thinking of getting my teeth bleached when i go to goa in march!!what is the best treatment to have done???ive heard about the laser treatment a little and this seems the best way,if anyone could confirm this or do both treatments work the same?do you guys think it was worth having done and can you notice the difference?someone also mentioned to be carefull and to find out whether your teeth go a different colour if you are standing by a u.v light...i.e blotchy or green colour..but that is speculation???
is it wise to send an email to the dentist to book it up or just go there when i arrive and book then...
lipsticklady-what treatment did you have??and when you say you would not have it done again is it just because it was uncomfortable???
thanks rob
i would definately reccommend the whitening while you are there. theres no need to book in advance just turn up on your first or second day and away you go. i had one go with the lazer gleaching but this was uncomfortable and you really need two go's. that was done a dentist above the reebok shop on the main calangute road opposite the sports bar it cost 35 pounds a time, really cheap. i also bought the take home kit which i got from a dentist up near the church in the middle of the road, its opposite the little flower high school, her name was Dr Rina Lawande. that cost about 40 quid which is about a tenth of the uk price, it takes a couple of days to make the moulds. dont be put off by the condition of the surgery, goan standards of a little different. as to the uv light green blotchy thing, i have not got a clue about that. all i know is loads of people have had it done and apart from a little sensitivity theres nothing to worry about.
I went to the same dentist as philfell above Dr rina is really lovely although equipment is a little on the old side, she is very good at what she does, my partner had a new plate done with no pain or problem.
thanks for your replys...so the dentist to have the laser treatment doneis above the reebok shop,and to get the kit you need to go to the other one up the road??
thanks
Dr suchante above the reebok shop does the laser and gives you th ekit.
his kits were 6000 they were cheaper up the road
Hi Robbie,

You also wanted to know about dental treatment? After one session there was a definate improvement. However , my gums felt like they were on fire and my jaw ached like mad. My teeth were so sensitive all evening that i had to avoid anything to chewy or fizzy. Make sure you have sensitive toothpaste prior to the treatment.

Make sure you have had a dental check before you go. Any tooth fillings or that WILL make the whitening process even more sensitive! Also if you have had dental work on the outer enamel of your front teeth, it can cause diferences in the shade of white. (ie. if you have a small gap filing,this may appear whiter that your natural enamel after whitening).

I made an appointment prior to going but this does'nt guarentee you will be seen that day. With blackouts etc i only got one session,2 days before returning home! If the dentist suspects you are at teh start of your holiday he will attempt to leave you as late into your holiday as possible. Be Warned: this can mean several trips before anything is done, wasting valuable holiday time.

If you require dental treatment or really want it than this wont bother you. I decided to have it done because it was cheaper than over here and i wanted a whiter smile however, it costs valuable holiday time and requires patience.

But as they say: No pain, No Gain! :wink:
As promised the contact details for my dentist off her business card...

Dr Sandra Ann Mendonca (B.D.S. Bom)

Office No 6, 1st Floor
Comunidade Ghor
Mapusa
Goa
Dr. Abhijit Sadekar charged my wife Rs 3500 for bleaching my wife's teeth. It was done in about 45mins with laser light. there was quite some improvement in her teeth. Sensitivity was minimal but she was advised not to take soft drinks for 2days.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.