General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
we like to go self catering but i dont cook as that is my job at home we go out for all our meals, we did try b&b in cyprus didnt like it as we felt rushed to go down and eat I like to try different places to eat this makes part of my holiday.
The people they show on 'Airline' make me laugh.

You get the passengers who turn up too late to check in and then complain at the poor girls behind the desk when it has nothing to do with them in the first place. They are given the reason why they have missed their flight and it makes no difference if the aircraft is still on the tarmac. Its a question of weight I believe. Anyway, it is their OWN fault for not allowing enough time to get to the airport, or for spending too much time in the bars!

They also complain if their flight is delayed or cancelled when they are told there is a technical fault with the aircraft. Do they really expect the airline to operate a faulty aircraft? Would they actually want to board an aircraft that has been identified to have a fault?

One guy complained because Easyjet would not allow him to take his hand luggage on board. He had some sort of very expensive piece of sound recording machinery. Although it was only a small piece of hand luggage and well within the permitted dimensions the weight was several times over the permitted 5kg allowance. He was so rude and ignorant. Did he not realise that if his machine was to fall out of the overhead locker in turbulance for example it could kill him or another passenger?

Another guy complained because the Airline did not go to a certain destination. How can that be cause for just complaint? Not all airlines fly to all destinations...everyone knows that. he should have checked before arriving at the airport.

If all the complaints that are shown on that program were justified, the airline would go out of business.

What is wrong with these people?
when Donny Airport first opened i worked there for a while and very often passengers were not told of the reason for their flight being delayed, which understandably made them rather upset. Even us other staff at the airport who didn't directly work for the airline were not told and the passengers just did not believe us when we said we didn't know. Quite often, this lack of info made the customers become rather frayed around the edges. I know when i travel, if my flight is delayed, i would rather know the reason why ( even if it is as bizarre as the captain losing his mobile phone in the cockpit as happened at Donny fairly recently).
Basically, it boils down to respect for your customers i think. Passengers these days travel cattle class as the airlines want to cram as many in as possible. They are all just a faceless number with a £ next to their name and at Donny, the airline did not appear to think their passengers were worthy of an explanation. In those circumstances, i think it is fine to complain as long as you don't rant and rave..remember you may be ranting at the wrong person!!!!
I've heard that fish one before - it's completely true. Customer felt the brochure should warn people that the sea contains fish (?!?!?!?)

If you booked a particular hotel because of services advertised in the brochure and they weren't there - complain. If the brochure significantly misdescribed the resort itself - you might have grounds. But do these people seriously think that TO's have control over what the locals sell in their shops even if it was grounds for omplaint?
Sorry I know this is slightly off topic but I must share this because Iam still laughing about it now :rofl
A women came in to the supermarket where I work on saturday to return 2 bottles of wine, 1 unopened and 1 half empty. Her reason? on drinking the half empty bottle it gave her a headache!! yes she actually said that and was deadly serious aswell! I just about managed to keep a straight face whilst talking to her!
I wonder if she was the one that complained about the alcohol in resorts being too cheap!! :wink:
it gave her a headache!!

I wonder if it's the same wine the Mrs must drink on a Friday night :lol:

Robby :wink:
I think I've had some of that on a Friday night. :lol:
i at least have the decency to drink all the bottle before i complain that it gives me a headache!!!!
Again, slightly :offtop , but it is worth pointing out to reiterate just what silly bizzare things people will complain about.

When I worked for a DIY store in the 1980's. people would bring their Christmas Trees back AFTER the new year to complain that all the pine needles had dropped off!! And they would demand a refund.

As far as the Wine complaint is concerned. I understand that IF you have drank a bottle of wine and found it not to your liking, then TESCO will replace that bottle with another bottle of Wine of a similar, but different palette. They don't advertise this policy for obvious reasons, but from a Customer Services/Care point of view they do operate this policy or so I am reliably informed.
That in a way BDIC is correct it is Tesco I work for and our policy states if you are not entirely satisfied then you can return the item for a refund or exchange. This woman could have just said the wine was off but she certainly brightened up my saturday afternoon as I was feeling the same affects as her from the pub on friday night! :pele
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.