Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Direct Holidays
37 Posts
It may be that they have two sittings - if so and you intend being out and about most days I would request the late sitting. If the hotel has a website it may be possile to e-mail them to find out the situation
:D Hi. I really don't think you have anything to worry about. I have read the quote below, and i'm presuming the meal times would have been changed from either lunch (Usually between 12-2), to evening meal (7-9). Or visa versa. There's no way the restaurant would open early (Or close late), just to cater for the few holiday makers who wanted their meals at different times!

When we went to benidorm last august we were half board (But many other guests were full board), and we had the option of choosing either dinner or lunch (We stuck to dinner, that way, we could go out in the day, without rushing back early afternoon)

Have a brill holiday. Regards, BBB.
If it's the H10 Delfin Park then this is the website link http://www.h10hotels.com/eng/index.php - there's a contact button at the bottom of the webpage.
Hi BBB,

Apparently you can choose either the 7pm sitting or the 8.30pm sitting and they make you sit with complete strangers too! :(
:D Oh dear purple star, I didn't realise that!, I have always stayed in hotels where you choose your own table, and where there has only been one sitting (Through pure luck I have to say!), as they never advertise information regarding meal times in the brochure. I'm sure if you have a word when you get there, you may be able to come to an arrangment which suits your needs! Good Luck, and have a fab holiday. BBB.
the california gardens in salou is the same, 2 sittings, I didn't like it as you had to go for a certain time
I'm afraid I'd refuse to sit with strangers and wait until they had a table for 2 /4 etc depending on my party size.

Some people may think it's a nice way to mix and get to know your fellow guests but I wouldn't want to spend my meal sitting next to strangers.

Apart from anything else if they happened to have bad table manners I'd have to leave my meal. :?
:D Me too, I'd hate sitting with strangers also, (Especially if they were badly behaved kids- which we've all come accross when away :omg ),it would be much more relaxed if there's just you and your other half/familly, I'd ask when you got there if they have a table for 2, that you could have for your duration.BBB.
I'm surprised no one seems to have come across this routine before. We had to specify mealtimes and sit with people we didn't know at an Ibiza hotel and that was abut 20 years ago.
hi all ...hotel monacco in costa calma fuertventura is the same two sittings and also if you are unluckly you have to share a table ....regards...john-doe
Most hotels in Tunisia don't have 2 sittings but you are often expected to share a regular table if the hotel is full. Most people are creatures of habit though and tend to go down for dinner at the same time each evening - so if you don't like your dinner companions it's relatively easy to either covertly or overtly suss out their preferred time to eat and go either before or after them. Remember that if you don't particularly like them then there's a good chance that you won't be their cup of tea either and they'll be just as happy to play the same game :-)

SM
The above posts are the reason we always go self catering. Eat when you want, where you want and with whom you want :D

Regards
Jackie
Hi everyone,
I'm just writing this to highlight the problem I've had with Direct Holidays. I've been going on holidays with this company for years-not 5 stars but cheap and cheerful and never had any trouble. But this year has been a totally different story. I booked a holiday to Majorca to stay in the Bellevue with my boyfriend at the end of March leaving on the 17th of June. We paid over 400 euro each. I got a phone call yesterday saying they were changing our accommodation to apartments 6kms away from the Bellevue. They offered us no compensation, no apology-nothing. I returned their call after viewing the apartments over the net and told them I wasn't accepting the apartments. They offered me other apartments in Palma Nova which looked better so I settled for them. In the meantime I was talking to a girl who was in the exact same situation but had been offered £40 compensation for herself and her boyfriend. I rang Direct and told them that I wanted compensation also for the inconvenience as we wanted to stay in Alcudia but they refused. I then continued on saying that I know someone who had been offered compensation up front and that I felt that I was due something also. She said that no-one was given compensation but this is a lie. I told her it was a disgrace that they were picking and choosing who they were and weren't giving compensation to. I think they thought they would get away with this as I am young and therefore stupid and vulnerable (or so they thought!). She then continued on to say that it may have been a gesture of 'good will'. So she then went back on her word by saying no-one was getting compensation money. I am totally fuming that I was offered not even an apology. The woman became arrogant and rude towards the end of the conversation and I will be logging a formal complaint against her personally and the company. It's not about the money anymore-it's the principle.
Hi everyone,
I'm just writing this to highlight the problem I've had with Direct Holidays. I've been going on holidays with this company for years-not 5 stars but cheap and cheerful and never had any trouble. But this year has been a totally different story. I booked a holiday to Majorca to stay in the Bellevue with my boyfriend at the end of March leaving on the 17th of June. We paid over 400 euro each. I got a phone call yesterday saying they were changing our accommodation to apartments 6kms away from the Bellevue. They offered us no compensation, no apology-nothing. I returned their call after viewing the apartments over the net and told them I wasn't accepting the apartments. They offered me other apartments in Palma Nova which looked better so I settled for them. In the meantime I was talking to a girl who was in the exact same situation but had been offered £40 compensation for herself and her boyfriend. I rang Direct and told them that I wanted compensation also for the inconvenience as we wanted to stay in Alcudia but they refused. I then continued on saying that I know someone who had been offered compensation up front and that I felt that I was due something also. She said that no-one was given compensation but this is a lie. I told her it was a disgrace that they were picking and choosing who they were and weren't giving compensation to. I think they thought they would get away with this as I am young and therefore stupid and vulnerable (or so they thought!). She then continued on to say that it may have been a gesture of 'good will'. So she then went back on her word by saying no-one was getting compensation money. I am totally fuming that I was offered not even an apology. The woman became arrogant and rude towards the end of the conversation and I will be logging a formal complaint against her personally and the company. It's not about the money anymore-it's the principle.
The sitting times were like that this year in the El Paso in Salou for both breakfast and evening meal. The breakfast was the worst because I did not want a later time as I did not want to waste my morning waiting for a meal but I could not have a lie in when I felt like it either.

Tracey
A resort change could be classed as a major change. For free legal advice ring Ros Fernihough on 01922 621114. She will explain to you what your rights are.
Well the argument that D.H. have is that I wouldn't take the accommodation I was offered. It was still classed as Alcudia but it was 6km from where I was meant to stay which in my opinion, is totally disgraceful for them to think that I would accept that after paying the money to be in the resort centre!
This happened to me with JMC and I was compensated. If you look in the brochure at the back among the booking conditions part 4 clearly states the compensation levels that are awarded for a major change and change of accomodation/resort is listed there so I don't know how they can deny you any payment.
A word of warning aswell really, really investigate the change of accomodation they offer you. I was daft and because JMC described my hotel/resort change as like for like I accepted it and ended up with a holiday from hell they ended up giving me £200.00 compensation when I returned.

Tracey
Well they're pretty set on giving me no compensation money or even an apology which I think in anyones eyes is a disgrace! All because I stood up to them. I'm totally disgusted that they were rude to me when all along it was their fault!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.