America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
I went to both when we went to Florida a good few years ago and loved it!! I must admit I preferred Universal but I think you've got to see Disney as well. Am sure our tickets that we bought out there weren't too bad pricewise. But if I went back I'd still want to do both. Seaworld was brilliant also.
i am in my forties & me & hubby,went to disney on our own,in 2002.i loved it & i agree,it's something you should do once.
we have been all over.thailand,bali,india,malaysia,vietnam,hawaii etc,but when ever someone said,they were going to florida & disney,i was soooooooooooo jealous.i just had to visit,at some point.we went in 02,then we took our grandaughter in 06 & 08 & next year is already booked.
i think you will have a lovely time,especially in the magic kingdom,as it really does feel magical.epcot,we really enjoy as well.we enjoy wandering round the different countries & having a few drinks.we usually just get the 4 day base ticket,as that is all we can usually fit in & it suits us fine.we just visit each park once.not sure of the price of the ticket,but i can never see the point of buying the 7 day,as we usually have a jam packed itinary & the days would be wasted.
i would definately visit,
tracy
Agree also with Tracy Epcot great as well :tup For all ages.
My hubby was 48 when we went to Disney for the first time and he was absolutely certain that it (as a theme park) wasn't his thing. Suffice it to say that we were only half way down Main Street (Magic Kingdom) when I realised he had a big grin on his face and now whenever we go to Florida we have to visit at least one of the Disney sites. His favourite is Epcot (he claims it's educational and therefore is not a theme park :rofl ). The 4 day pass is the one we've usually purchased and found that we've managed to see all we want in that time.
Well my Wife and I are 30 somethings but I'm getting towards the big 40 so I think I can comment!! :rofl

Personally, I couldn't envisage a trip to Orlando without a visit to at least two Disney parks but overall I do prefer the rides and attractions at Universal and IOA. IMHO there are no better rides in Orlando than Spiderman (at IOA) and the Mummy (at Universal) and obviously when Harry Potter World opens in IOA, it will make that park unmissable.

I find that Epcot and MGM Studios (or whatever it is called now) hold my attention the most with the best rides and attractions. At Epcot you have Soarin, Mission Space and Test Track, whilst at MGM you have Rock n Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror and Fantasmic which is an essential show to see.
Magic Kingdom holds the least appeal to me now as I've got older. I think the park relies a little too much on the "magical" description and is more ideally suited to adults with children. Last time we went it was sooooo busy and we only managed to do a few rides so gave up and headed to another park which was far quieter. I do think you need to visit Magic Kingdom at least once and there is some great themeing(sp) involved throughout but I do get bored quite easily these days after 5 or 6 visits in 10 years.
Similarly Animal Kingdom has one great ride in Expedition Everest which unfortunately is over way too quickly but is worth it. The rest of the park is probably the most familiar to us now after our trips, and the major issue with us is that as good as the Kilimanjaro Safari ride is for example, we've been to Africa now and done the real thing. A recreated savannah cannot compete but they do make a cracking effort I must say.

Only you can decide whether it is worth the outlay and if you've never been I think it would be worthwhile to visit all the Disney parks on this trip. Keep expectation levels to a normal level, get to the parks early and enjoy the quieter parks in November.

Please keep us updated with your plans and let us know what you thought if you do decide to head to Disney. :tup
You can't go to Orlando and not go to disney :D Me and hubby are in our middle 40s and we go on everything, and i mean everything, kids rides the lot. If i ever hear the song it's a small world, i shall scream :rofl nevertheless great fun.

I always prefer Universal/IOA, i love films and that kind of industry, i also enjoyed Busch as well, unique experience. Keith prowse i always get my tickets for disney from this company off the internet, and my dollars from crown currency, good rates at the moment.
we went to florida in july..done all the parks but didnt like disney :( just found it a bit.errrm..twee lol

LOVED LOVED LOVED Sea World/Universal/Discovery Cove though and will return to them again next year minus disney lol
We're just back from Orlando and went to Universal, IOA, Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Hollywood Studios as well as Seaworld, Aquatica, Discovery Cove etc etc. While we had a brilliant holiday and thoroughly enjoyed the parks, Universal, IOA and Seaworld were our favourites. Disney was lovely although at Epcot if it hadn't been for the differant country settings around the lake it would have been very disappointing. What I would say about Disney though is some of their attractions are looking very dated and old fashioned. They really need to replace/update some of their older rides/shows and some of it was very twee. While we were at Epcot 2 rides broke down while we were on them and one while we were queueing :( Also at Disney the queues were horrendous and we spent most of our time queueing for one thing or another. It was not unusual to go to a ride at 12 noon to find queues an hour plus long and the fast passes showing 8pm :really Having said that though I think you have to visit Disney. We will visit again when we go back but will only purchase the 4 day pass as that is ample in my opinion. We found we got our moneys worth out of the Universal Flexi ticket but not the Disney tickets we bought.
We are going to Orlando in April for the 1st time. We have bought Universal tickets, sea world, busch gardens etc 14 day pass, kennedy space centre tickets and arabian nights dinner show tickets. As we have done disney before in Paris we are planning buying a 2 day ticket to disney once we get there 69 days to go :cheers
Hi Everyone,
Just a quick update on our hols in November. We went to Universal and Disney but I have to say we really didn't enjoy Disney at all, except for maybe the Fireworks at Epcot. Universal as usual is fantastic but we wouldn't advise anyone to go to Disney unless they have children with them. I know this won't be a popular post with some of you but it's just how we felt. Having said all this we are still pleased we did it as we would always have wondered what it was like. Even now i'm still singing "It's a small world"!!! :duh

Jill x
I am 29 and went to Disney with my now wife for the first time in October 08. We only went for a week as my wife is a teacher so had to go in the holidays. She made up a full blown itineray after researching the internet despite her having been before. The itineray was as detailed as 'get to the park queue for opening at 8.30am, go straight to XXX ride, then go to YYY ride and get a past pass before going to ZZZ ride and coming back. Stop for lunch at....' I mocked and ridiculed her but it really worked. We had some streets to ourselves lots of the time. I think we walked round ways that people don't use. It was brill I was like a big kid all over again. We both want to go back, she wants to go tomorrow but I want to wait until we have our own kids to share it all with...
Getting really excited with reading all your posts lol

Just booked for our first family trip. Husband and I did Orlando/Miami 13 years ago pre-kids and it was the most amazing time weve ever had. hired a red convertable and travelled to Miami then to St. Petes; But I will never forget standing watching the Magic Kingdom fireworks show at night and watching lots of kids look on in amazement and making the statement that if i was lucky enough to have kids i would come back :)

We have waited all this time until we thought our 2 boys were big enough cos they love rollercoasters. Going to do Discovery Cove, Busch Gardens, Universal the lot. Disney wasnt on the agenda lol but everyone is now saying we have too.

Might look at buying a 2 day hopper but thats a whole new thread lol
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.