Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
DIY or PACKAGE ?
30 Posts
Another one that might suit is the Rennaisance Golden View Beach, I think it is part of the Marriot Group and so maybe could be booked via their web-site. It's also at Ras um sid where the reef is probably better than in NB.

Hope you get is sorted. Doe
Hi doe
just emailed that hotel also, we should be set up soon, will let you know
Elaine

For a long time that last one was coming up on trip adviser as the Number 2 hotel in Sharm, it was second only to the Four Seasons which is twice the price of anywhere else. Also with lots of tour ops like thomson etc it gets their Gold award through customer feedback, so I imagine it must be pretty good. It often scored better than the Crowne Plaza. Doe. :D
Does DIY work out much cheaper than Package ? - the flights all seem expensive ?.

Toffeemen
Hi Toffeeman

I think with Egypt you need to price up both. A lot of it is down to how cheap you can get flights if you are going to DIY, or if Tour Operators have got any special promotions on. You need to shop about a bit.

Elaine
Did you manage to get booked? I managed to get a good deal on http://www.goingplaces.co.uk for the Rennaisance Golden View Beach resort, it was much better than Portland's for my date and airport. I did have to book by phone in the end because of a glitch on their web-site relating to childrens ages, but they honoured the web price anyway.

Doe
Hi doe
our holiday is not run of the mill. ie our daughter is joining us for the 2nd week so quite complicated to book thru tour operator. we need double room when we arrive then triple room for 2nd week :? its taken a time to sort, but flights booked from gatwick with ba around £600 for the 3, us for 2 weeks and sarah for 8 days, hotel is hilton waterfalls sharm b & b works out around $1800, transfers are $16 one way, and diving sorted with divers international. booked hotel at gatwick for night before we go, 15 days parking and one night on return for just £110, its a long drive to south wales after landing at 9.30pm.
nearly all sorted now :lol: i think ive earned glass of wine :wink:
elaine.
forgot to mention we are going in march for my birthday the dredded 50 :roll:
WOW well done sounds like it was a bit complicated to organise.

Thats quite a coincidence, last year when we went to the Crowne Plaza it was for my big 50, and this year to the rennaisance is for my hubby's big 50. (any excuse to book a holiday really :lol: ).

I think the Waterfalls is the hotel next to the Rennaisance.

The deal you have put together sounds good and as you say it probably would have been difficult to put together through a mainstream TO, they aren't always the most flexible, I was trying to do a net booking and had to give in and ring up in the end. Definately deserve your glass of wine. :lol:
Well, Doe, you may as well put your birthday in your profile, now that you have given your age away!
Hi doe, cheers!!!!
and yes the hotels are next door when you going
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.