Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
DJERBA
4 Posts
I have also copied this in to the Tunisia forum for you :tup
I went there many years ago during the winter. Typical kind of winter desert weather - warm during the day and very cold once the sun goes down. It was also a very windy place. I found it fascinating and loved shopping in the souk. We took a trip to the Troglodite caves and did the usual camel ride and trip to an oasis. I also seem to remember visiting a lighthouse that for some strange reason was several miles inland. I went with a female friend and we found the guide at the light house far too over attentive and we were quite bothered by the attention of men often on horseback when we ventured onto the beach. No doubt it has changed since then and I am no longer in my 20's with long blonde hair lol but I would like to go back one day and think the best time might be during spring or autumn. It was rather cold and windy in the winter but no doubt the summer would be sweltering.
JMK thanks very much for your reply and the information.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.