EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
Hi Stuart,
If you email or Pm me I can send you links to two solicitors based in Sofia I would recommend. There is also an excellent english based firm who have bought in a number of apartments for clients of ours buying in the ski resorts. (we have no affiliation to these solicitors, they just seem to do a reasonably quick, straightforward job). Good solicitors are worth there weight in gold and are far preferable to going it alone.

best wishes

Andrew
Stuart,

both the UK and the US embassies in Sofia have lists of Bulg. lawyers on their web sites. If you can't get a UK lawyer specializing in Bulgaria then that's an other option.

Sam :wink:
I am buying a 1 bed apart in Bansko adn am awaiting the contracts after putting down a deposit. I have been recommended a solicitor in sofia, MANEV & PARTNERS,
Attorneys at Law; Patent Attorney;
European Patent Attorney;
Sofia, BULGARIA.

Just wondering if anyone has heard of them or would recommend them or another solicitor? :?:

I have been told their cost is 1000 Euro, 500 now and 500 at final stage. Is this the norm?

thanks,
:) Maria
1000 euros has been what we've been quoted.
Hi i am new to all this but am buying an apartment in nessebar and was wondering if you could tell me if your solicator you used was any good and if so would you be able to provide me with the details? I have had a quote from the agent solicator but was no less then 1000 euros not any set rate! thought this was abit high!?
Hope you can help
regards
xx
hi,
I did not go with the above mentioned solicitor in the end. I got a few other recommendations and also went onto a website -cannot remember the url - but got it from the law society - which containes names of all the solicitors and law companies worldwide which are registered re the law society of the particular country.

Stefan Gugushev from Kambourov & Partners. stgugushev@kambourov.biz - 0035929869999

and Sophia Bayrakova of Dobrev, Kinkin & Lyutskanov Law Firm. bayrakova@lawfirm-bg.org

I was also recommended an english solicitor who deals with bulgarian property but have not her details at the moment.

Both of the above came highly recommended - I went with Sophia and have found her excellent so far.

1000 seems pretty reasonable - when you are spending so much a 100 or so more to ensure good legal respesentation is money well spent (I think). I am sure you will get other opinions here also.

good luck
:D
Hi hoping someone will be able to help me, I have bben given details of a solicator called Ivo Baev & Partners in Burgas who has quoted 550 euros fixed price for services, but previously qouted 1000 euros by some based in Sofia! Not sure if this is more expensvie due to city prices, but would be grateful if anyone can tell me if they know of or have used this company.

Thanking you
xx
You can try hg.org for a start. There is quite extensive database of solicitors/lawyers there and even for Bulgaria.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.