Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
The friendly people, the weather, the low prices, the nature, the mountains, the sights, the party-feeling in Sunny Beach: all!
The people, the atmosphere, the great food ,and going up to the old Bulgaria away from the resorts ,are just a few of the good things about Bulgaria June
The lovely fresh food, the clean air, interesting places.
Bulgarian people, food,sun,sea,sand.

Depends what you are looking for but if you don't find it in one place you will in another.

Too many people judge on one experiance & don't ever give it another go(not just Bulgaria).

As far as I'm concerned you cannot judge a place in two weeks.

DOA :lol:
Everything!! I am always made to feel welcome whenever I go there.

You can make it as hectic or as slow as you want it to be.

I love it......

T
X :cheers
Warm friendly people always willing to help if you treat them with respect. Good cheap food and drink. I love the clean beaches and have always felt safe in the resorts.

:sun2 Toonman
All of the above, but I especially agree with Toonman - the locals are among the friendliest I have come across, particularly if you take an interest in them & their country
Hi

Well in answer to the question I have to say everthuing about the country, the people are among the friendliest you will meet (if you treat them as equals not slaves) the countryside is beautiful,if you get out of the resorts. the prices are cheap, again if you leave the resort area. the surrounding area has many things to see Nessebar is on the world heritage list travel between places by public transport is very cheap taxi's can be used but always check cost beforehand. the beaches are among the best in Europe and have blue flag accreditation. to sum it up Bulgaria has something for everyone.

little tip try to learn a few words of Bulgarian the people really appreciate if you say please and thank you in their language

Please = Molya Thank You = Blagodarya.

:sun2 :wave:
The variety of places on offer to suit all tastes from old to young. I personally enjoy the climate and the chilled atmosphere of the south part of Sunny Beach and old Nessebur. The people do not hassle you when you are in their shops and are quite I would say reserved. I like to have a look around shops and stalls without all the sales talk.

Best of all for me is the beach and red wine. Love it.
Everything is so cheap, people are friendly, beaches are excellent and it doesn't get unbearably hot in the summer!
it doesn't get unbearably hot in the summer!

You obviously weren't there during the 10 weeks that I spent there last summer, Diane... ;)

Baldur
What I mean is like Cyprus where it definitely is unbearable in July and August!
Having been in the Western Cape, Gauteng & Mpumalanga in South Africa and Australia in the summer, I can assure you that Northern Bulgaria was just as unbearable as those places can be for long periods last summer - don't know about Sunny Beach, as I avoid the place, personally.

Baldur
Everything is so cheap, people are friendly, beaches are excellent and it doesn't get unbearably hot in the summer!

I've known the Varna area unbearably hot in September, and as for cheapness, those days could be over as prices rise due to the consequences of EU entry.

Enjoy Bulgaria as a cheap destination whilst it lasts.

Peter
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.