Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Hi Lee,

dont know if you've already booked somewhere by now, but I stayed in Bavaro 3 yrs ago and we werent offered a trip to Ocean World, and in fact you are right in saying the trips were limited.

We did one excursion to Saona Island. We were taken to a purpose built resort where the rich & famous stay (its name escapes me now!) and from there we had speed boats to take us to the catamarans which then took us to Saona, drinks on board! There was a barbeque on the beach and merengue dancing (everyone dancing not watching!). Then it was back onto speed boats and we stopped on a sand bank where the guides would dive down and bring up star-fish for us to see. Then it was back on the boats and home. Quite enjoyable.

The other trip we did was a jeep safari. Unlike other ones we've been on, this didnt go for off-road thrills, rather showing us the Dominican outside our resort hotels (yet we still got the impression there was far more poverty than we were allowed to see). We stopped on a beach for some boogie-boarding before heading back. Really enjoyed that trip.

My mum went on one afternoon trip to some local bird gardens which she enjoyed, but that was about it.

They were selling pony trekking, speed boat sessions and helicopter trips in the hotel as well. My man & my son went on a heli trip and loved it. Their photos actually showed cages in the sea that they were told were for swim with sharks experiences, but at no point were we offered the chance to do it.

All this was 3 yrs ago, maybe someone who's been more recently can help more?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.