Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
i dont care what anyone thinks of beni... when i tell ppl im going they go 'its like blackpool and essex mixed together' which i get mad abut because its nothing like that.

i couldnt give a crap what anyone says, at the end of the day millions of people have been there and love it and always go back. some daft article isnt going to stop people like us going to beni, or even people that havnt been. people have to experience places and things for themselves, no one will ever stop me going anywhere on holiday.
I am one of those people who love to be provocative, and I don't mean in that way! What I mean is this. A lot of people who don't know me well, would think that, because of what I do, I would go to what in their biased opinion, is somewhere 'nice'. When I say I am off to Benidorm, where I go at least twice a year, you should see the expression on their face - they are speechless - ignorance is bliss :P
When I say I am off to Benidorm, where I go at least twice a year, you should see the expression on their face - they are speechless - ignorance is bliss

And would I be correct in assuming that these people have never actually BEEN to Benidorm? I bet they have not.
Exactly, when I say 'ignorance is bliss', I am speaking of their ignorance, and the pleasure I get from seeing the expression on their faces, and knowing that they are missing out on the trip of a lifetime - after all, Benidorm has the largest ex-pat community in Spain, and several celebs regularly visit, so it must be doing something right.
Mind you, I am just as guilty you know. When people say they are off to Thailand, or Japan , or to other such Far Eastern Countries, I tend to reply by saying something along the lines of.... "I would not go there if you paid me to".......but I've NEVER been to these places, so how can I pass such a comment :hmmm
Hello

I hope you dont mind me putting in my view, although Im a member of HT for nearly 2 years I dont normally come on this forum..........but I must say I totally agree with Sanji, and furthermore would add that I think its actually bad form and quite rude to denigrate anyones choice of holiday.

We have all types in here, rich, poor, cultured, teenagers, retired folk ......uncle Tom Cobley and all!!!

They all want and expect different things on their holidays and who is anyone to say they are wrong!

I feel exactly the same as you all in that I find it frustrating when people judge PDLA in Tenerife as if it is all like ther Veronicas area.................like Benidorm its a lot more than that if you look!

So, yes I agree with you about denigrating Benidorm, totally wrong...............but totally wrong to rubbish anywhere on a different forum in my opionion.

Hope you all continue to enjoy Benidorm, and also hope you dont mind a "stranger" venturing into your midst.

very best wishes

Tootsxxxxx
tootsie, how did you know what type of person I was? :lol: Maybe that is why I and the rest of me likes Benidorm so much :P By the way, Patrick Swazy is 55 too.
:D :D :D :D I dont care if he's 55, he's a hunk!

Sorry for going off topic!!!!! :D

Keep enjoying Benidorm :D :D :D :D :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.