Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hasn't Izmir also issued flood warnings to its residents?

I get your point though, its not reached the resort areas.

Elaine
i spoke to my mother yesterday who lives in marmaris and she said it was raining and very black and overcast and said it looks like theres going to be heavy rain for a few days and she was a bit concerned , so fingers crossed
From the internet, looks like it has been raining in Antalya region. Started to see this yesterday, and its carried on today. This information is on 4 different websites (admittedly these weren't accurate when we were out there and comparing the weather). Have emailed some turkish people we know, but not had a reply. Wondering if anyone can confirm that it is raining in Side/Mannavgat?
It is also raining in Bodrum, we spoke to someone who is there today.
also spoke to my friend in olu deniz,she said it was raining & thundering yesterday.
Finally spoke to someone in Side. Stopped raining about an hour ago (I think, forgive me if wrong!), but still cloudy. Local forcast is just cloud tomorrow, back to 40 degree sunshine on mon/tues. Temperatures are cooler than normal, but not the 19/20 my internet was telling me - warm enough for sundress/shorts etc.
At the moment I am in Datca, not far from Marmaris and just south of Bodrum. The heavy rain and winds have stopped and it is warm and sunny today. There are a few clouds but it is improving. The storm here was very bad and several boats were sunk or beached. Many others were damaged.
In Dalyan, been raining here thunderstorms but no problems re flooding, bit overcaste but sun still there keeps trying to break through.
Friends been in Kas storms very bad there but no problems reported, it will all pass over soon :cheers
Apparently the Antalya region had a thunderstorm last night. Looks like its still raining in Manavgat this morning though.
ive just come back from marmaris and we had heavy rain for nearly 2 days. the rest of the time was perfectly fine, brilliant weather.
I got back from Icmeler this morning and the rain a week last friday and up to lunchtime saturday was torrential. Although there wasn't any flooding in Icmeler as such, there were deep puddles all over the place and ruined my snorkelling for a couple of days because of all the sediment that it washed in to the bay! I think we got off lightly though, Antalya and Bodrum seemed to get it worse than Marmaris / Icmeler and the scenes in Ankara / Istanbul were terrible. That's the first time I've known rain in September but apart from the two days, it was glorious :sun2

Darren
dazbo, we went 18 sept last year and had quite a bit of rain, and the most wonderful storm, but the week before it was glorious, and when we went home the weather went back to sunny and hot. hope you managed to get some snorklling in :sun2
K&R,

Now you mention it, I remember the rain last year now as we came back a few days before it. The lightening was very spectacular, like a fireworks show! After a couple of days, the sediment dropped and the waters cleared. Once out of the bay it wasn't a problem. The diving round Defneli was relaxing and unaffected.

Darren
We were in Armutlan Maramis from the 4th sept to the 14th the weather was very hot 43 until the 11 th when the storms came and boy did they arrive, have never seen a storm like that before, went on for a day and half, as we were coming home on the monday is was very hot and Sunny again .
We was staying in Icmeler,Ive never seen rain come down that heavy in the uk,lovely to sit on the balcony and watch it.We had no choice but to have our evening meal at our apartment that night,which we never do,pleasantly surprised how nice the meal was. :cheers
We were in Harmony Bar (Stella Show) on the friday night and were lucky to get 10 minutes between the downpours to walk to / from the bar. The water was pouring down the steps in to the bar at one stage and started dripping through the roof! It was great looking over the bay towards Marmaris though when the lightening lit everything up.

Darren
We was in Flares and had to walk home with black bin liner over head & paddle through water that was well over my ankles :rofl never seen anything like it but didnt let it spoil my holiday.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.