Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Worry?
20 Posts
personnaly in my opinion you have nothing to worry about.
turkey have been fighting the kurdish rebels along the border of iraq for ages..
turkey is a massive country and the tourist areas is no where near the easten part of turkey where the problems are..
i,m also going to old deniz in june next year. :D
I think it is extremely unlikely that it would be a problem, but if you have booked a package, then your tour operator won't take you if it is dangerous. They will probably offer you an alternative in Spain or somewhere.
Hi mattb, When the bombs went off in Marmaris not so long ago, it didn't put us and many other HT Members off going and so i'm not going to be bothered by what is going on at the Syrian/Iraq Border. Those who didn't cancel had brilliant holidays. We intend going back to Turkey twice next year. My advice is to stick with your Booking, you will have a great holiday and come back a happy person. If there is a problem with tourists going to Turkey, then the Foreign Office will advise against travelling. Les
This is still in the future,and may never happen ,dont let it worry you, if there is any problems nearer the time you are going on holiday you will be informed by the Foreign office who will tell you not to travel, in that case you will get your money back .I am booked up for june and september next year and dont anticipate any problems. I agree that these people must be stopped but i dont think it will come to actuall warfare.

Bluepeterno1
Bluepeterno1 has got it spot on in my opinion. The distance from the Iraq border to the resorts is considerable. Also the Foreign Office do keep an eye on these things and don't allow travel to any area where British Citizens may be at risk.

Wilson :wink:
We will be back in Turkey next year - but will still check the FO website from time to time.

Can you honestly say that you are safe anywhere in the world today?

Enjoy life - it's all we have! :D
We went to Turkey just after the bomb went off in Marmaris.My son and daughter didnt want us to go but they live in London and my son had been on the tube on 7/7 but fortunately got off a couple off stations before the dreadful bomb went off.It seems they just accept things like this happening here but not abroad.I will be off to Turkey at least a couple of times next year,and Im sure so will many thousands of other holidaymakers.
Hmm war with Iraq haha the yare toy soldiers :wink:

War with Iran then that could be worse :lol:

Then there is always war with Greece, Cyprus, Usa UK

In other words don't worry as there will be always something else to worry about before you go

John
Thanks for clearing things up for me all :D
War
They are not going to stop me either off to Dalyan June and Sep, this has been going on since the year dot.
i would'nt worry even if it did get worse it is so far away you would never know anything
Maverick is right - the border where the war could take place is right down on the south east of Turkey. However, the PKK have threatened to start a new bombing campaign in the holiday resorts if this happens - much the same as the bombs they planted in Marmaris and Kusudasi last year.

Strawberry
This is always a possibility strawberry ,but if the turkish army do attack them i am quite sure this will go a long way in stopping this kind of threat.

Bluepeterno1
For those who may want to keep an eye on what the FCO advises, you can check by country on the website. This is updated if situations change.

http://www.fco.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1007029390590
i live in eastern turkey..yet am still 10 hours away from Hakkırı where most of the fighting is taking place...and life goes on!!
so those of you coming on holiday to the aegean and med resorts have no more to be afraid of than at any other time..ie there is always something to worry us..isn't there..
but you have to get on with your life and do what you want without fear.
Did you know that the worst accidents and mishaps happen in your own home..now theres a thought...the bathroom and kitchen are the deadliest...so will you now avoid them :lol:
just take care and relax xx
well said shirleyanntr
mind you if people feel that afraid perhaps they should find a safe country if the is one in this world :?:
No country is really safe, or town. I live in Warrington and the IRA bombed a busy street one Saturday while everyone was going about their business. We have to carry on with our daily lives!!!! :!:
I think there is a big difference between being in a country or a town when a bomb goes off ,than knowingly going to a country or town where you know there is going to be bombs ,and this is exactly what can happen if the turkish army invade iraq in pursuit of the ppk these people are terrorists and that is what they do ,they cannot stand up face to face with there enemys so there is a better than good chance they will start a bombing campaign in the holiday resorts .If this happens then it would be foolish and iresponsible for anyone to take themselves and there family into such danger ,just to prove the point that they will not be frightened by anyone .Myself i will be watching the situation very closely before i make up my mind . This is only my opinion and not meant to try to sway anyone .

Bluepeterno1
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.