Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Have a look at the viamichelin site and enter your preferences motorways etc.It will give details of journey time, tolls if any,and petrol used.
Hi mate,

You can get from Barcelona to S Susanna without using the motorways. The road goes via Badalona as I recall. I wouldn't be too bothered about driving through Barcelona mind, although it's pretty busy the traffic moves very well. I travelled by car from Salou to Calella 3 times last summer and took a different route through Barca each time. (by accident i hasten to add) Beware of the trains whilst turning off the main route through the city - Avengida diagonal I think it's called.

In fact, I would recommend driving through the city as it's beautiful.

I recommend driving to Montserrat and taking the cable car trip to the Monastry which is surprisingly cheap.

You simply must travel the coast road through malgrat, blanes, tossa and the final stretch to San Feliu is absolutely stunning. It is a real snake back ride through pine clad cliffs. I'll be doing this very road in a months time, but this time on a motorbike.

Andorra is within easy reach too, but i'd go via Girona.

Suggested reading is 'Best Drives - Spain' by the AA.

Follow the link.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0749522909/qid=1118088837/sr=1-11/ref=sr_1_0_11/026-6154882-6138815

Be very careful when you check the car, and be very careful where you park. If you can park in an out of the way corner (unlikely) then do so. The Spanish use bumpers as exactly that!!

Any more questions i'll try to help.
Thanks for the info guys, having been through barca by bus a few times, I am still tempted to drive around it although the drive sounds good. Wish I could do it on a bike but allegedly i'm under the thumb and she won't let me. Thanks again.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.