Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
You're not entitled to any duty free purchases at any airport unless your final destination is outside the EU.

I got 1.23€ to the £ in Ibenza Sq this week - that was for cash in Sterling. Travellers cheques exchange rate was 1.21€
You can buy duty paid cigarettes and alcohol in resort. I don't think it is available on the flight. Your allowance is 3200 cigarettes per person into the UK, but you are only allowed to export 800 from Spain without the necessary documentation.

luci :wave
No alcahol on plane for EU countries but at the airport. Always buy ours there as if you buy in resort it will be weighed in with your luggage
Your allowance is 3200 cigarettes per person into the UK, but you are only allowed to export 800 from Spain without the necessary documentation.

Just to clarify this once again"¦..
3,200 is the recommended guideline not an allowance, therefore anything over the recommended guideline and you'll have a lot of explaining to do, to prove they're for your own consumption, if you get pulled at customs in the UK.
The 800 rule applies for goods allowed out of Spain before being classed as export by the authorities

Sanji
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.