Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I always get a few cartons at Dalaman on the way in.....and don't forget to barter!
Hi
Im thinking of taking a couple (or more) bottles of spirits on my hols. Imported drinks are so expensive there. Is it better to buy them from my UK airport or get them at the arrival airport?
Hi Phil :)
Save yourself the hassle of lugging them on and off the plane mate and buy them in Dalaman airport, unless of course they have some really good buys at your local airport, i.e. buy one get one free, you will have plenty of time to buy once you have collected your luggage and before departing Dalaman. :wink:

:wink: Kev :wink:
if it helps, because we are not traavelling outside the E.U. you can buy on the plane Its about 318 for 2 litres of spirt, Its good because they come in plastic bottles less chance of breaking also not as heavy. Also cigs are cheap.
sorry Been on the gin and tonic Hic Hic Yes, i did mean OUTSIDE not in e.u.
What about cigarettes, should we buy them going out or can you get B&H etc in Turkey :?:

Carol :wink:
buy them on the way out, all uk cigs are fake it turkey and you cannot buy over the counter, you have to ask and they will put them in bags before giving them to you as its against the law for them to sell them
CarolB,
Make sure that you have enough cigs to last you the whole holiday because if you have to buy some in resort you will regret it.
As yogibear has said the uk brands are fake, and absolutely horrid :shock:
Buy them on the plane or wait til you land and buy them at the airport.
Im sure i seen B/H, some one could verify it for you to be sure
I know they definately have regal, L/B , embassy and they are fine because i bought loads at dalaman airport when i arrived.
I feel I should jump in here and say that there is always offers at Manchester airport i.e 2 litres Bacardi for £15 also for Smirnoff so definitely cheaper than in duty free at Turkish airports.

Also not all UK smokes are fake in Turkey and definitely not the ones that are bonded at the duty free shops at the Turkish airports.

John
sorry did not mean the ones at the airport being fakes, just in resorts
Does anyone know how many cigs you can buy on the plane into Turkey? Is there a limit??
200 per person, that is the duty free limit
on my way home from turkey last october i was going to but lambert & butler but it only said l&b on the packet i thought they may be fake and didnt bother buying them. bought 1,000 lambert & butler at my local airport on the way to turkey for 60 pounds.
Many thanks for all your replies :smokin

Carol :)
Although your limit is 200 cigarettes each, you can buy a pack of 400 on the plane, this usually works out a lot cheaper.

I've never had any problems buying as many as I want on the way out, never been checked at customs or anything either taking cigs into a country. Is this just me?

C xxx
Hi All,
Was'nt sure we were chatting about ciggies as well but while we are on with it here goes, If you can get a good deal at Manchester or wherever i.e. 400 for about £24 then buy them, alternativley get them at Dalaman on the way in, nearly all brands are there and the cost is about £11 or £12 per 200, and they are o.k. But in the resorts they have been known to be naff, so be warned.
I too have never been stopped going into Turkey whilst carrying cigs or booze ( won't even mention the half a pig or so :lol: ) so i would suggest taking in what you want, however coming home is a different story Do what you will, at your own risk :(
Happy Hols...................
you can buy on the plane Its about 318 for 2 litres of spirt

318???? what spirits are these? unl;ikely to get too drunk on that price!
:roll: :roll:

I think Yogi must have typed wrong and probably means £18.

Edit restored normal font and colour Briar.

Kev please can you stop posting in colour and large size on the Forums thanks.
as i said yogi had been at the G&t hic hic hic
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.