General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
MsH, I have the same problem getting to similar destinations from Newcastle, which is very frustrating, as you have discovered. The solution is to fly to Stanstead, which you can do Ryanair, and then travel on to your destination from there. You can often get a return flight (Glasgow-Stanstead) for around £30. What I am considering for next year is to fly Newcastle to a London airport, then on to a chosen destination, from there onto another destination which hopefully will get me back direct to Newcastle. This gives a two centre visit, or maybe even more, to places which are not YET accesible from Newcastle.
Ryanair have great offers on at the moment, so have a look at experimenting, without the actual need to book.

Best of luck,

Robby :wink:
If you can get to RIGA, do go. It's a fascinating city (although cold in winter) with lots to see and do. I stayed at the Laine Hotel http://www.laine.lv/eng/ - walkable to the city centre, comfy and good breakfasts. Go quickly before the stag and hen parties take over ... and wrap up well in winter.
We travel from Glasgow a lot to Eastern Europe and we can very seldom get a direct flight from Glasgow.

From your list I would recommend for cheapest Krakow, which is lovely and very cheap. I have also been to Amsterdam and Berlin which I have loved but not as cheap as Krakow. I would not go to Brussels.

Hope you get a good break

Linda
thanks guys!

Alsacienne, is Riga a cheap and underdeveloped place? What are the food/drink prices like?

Linda, how come you wouldn't do Brussels? Is there something I should know about it? I have heard from others that it is great :?

Thanks for your ideas too Robby...i will def consider them for a future point but for this particular break i just want the simple life!!!
We went to Brussels for a week and it was a week too long, If you are only going for the food and the drink and staying in the centre then it is good for a couple of days but we are explorers and love walking and we were not comfortable in a lot of area we walked and we also stayed in a hotel which we found was in the red light district.

Linda
Globespan goes to Prague, I went in July :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.