Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I think the prices shoot up for last minute bookers , if you look at the following weekend which is less than 11 days away the price for the same flights is £ 82 , you booked 11 days before the flight and paid a bit less , I think our flights cost around £65 ish back in January , I really doubt the flight will be full ,
Have a look on http://www.muenchenticket.de which gives prices for the MVV network , I think a city/airport ticket is 11 euros , this will get you from the airport to the city centre and can be used for the rest of the day on the network and the day tickets are 5.6 euros which lets you travel around on the underground and trams .
So you would pay 11 euros on Sunday , 5.6 on Monday and 11 euros on Tuesday which would cover your airport transfers and unlimited travel around Munich on all 3 days .

The website also sells concert tickets and I bought all our tickets through them , the only problem was I couldn't find an " English" button so with my limited schoolboy German I bluffed my way through the booking process , I did get in a bit of a mix up on one set of tickets so I sent them an email and received a perfect translated reply !! :offtop
Pippy if you are travelling with friends you can get a group ticket for the MVV transport system. it's for up to 5 people and costs €20 http://www.mvv-muenchen.de/en/tickets-fares/tickets/day-tickets/airport-city-day-ticket/index.html
Thank you, Judith! I've just this minute found out the friend I was flying there and back with is no longer able to come (I'm still meeting friends out there though) so I'll now be travelling from/to the airport alone :)

Trying to decide whether or not we'd be safe walking from our hostel to the Olympiahalle through the Olympic Park! We want to be there early (and I'm talking 06.00 early!) as we all want barrier and Muse fans queue ridiculously early, so it will be dark. This is where we're staying (cheap and cheerful!), http://goo.gl/maps/eZXfw. It's very near to the Olympic Park but the opposite end to the venue.

Sorry, probs should have started a new thread for this, it's just kind of snowballed!
I always feel safer in Munich than I do in London but it is a big city and there is a fair amount of crime, muggings etc. I personally wouldn't walk through the park on my own when it's dark but a group of you should be OK. People start work early in Germany and there may be a few people around even at 6am.
Shops don't open on Sundays in Germany though Cafes will of course be open. If you want to buy any snacks there is a fully stocked Supermarket on the airport, it's an EDEKA shop (I think) and you can buy snacks, sandwiches, drinks etc at Supermarket prices. You have to go downstairs to catch the train and the supermarket is on the same level as where you purchase the tickets.

Also sorry for going off topic.
Plenty of shops open as well at the Hauptbahnof or ostbahnof also on a Sunday. The supermarket Judith refers to at MUC is in Terminal 1 on the way to Terminal 2 (just before the doors heading out into the Plaza area.

Nivsy
Huge thanks for the fantastic, and very useful, info! :tup

Both flights pretty much bang on time, no problems. As always, in my experience, Easyjet were fab :)

Leaving on my next gig trip on Thursday, to Poland! Ryanair this time, I do prefer Easyjet but as my destination is the Atlas Arena in Lodz, Ryanair was my only option.
Good news Pips :tup

I always rate EJ fairly highly and would rather fly them above many of the charters like TC. I know it's a little different with city type destinations and the whole point is we need to do it cheaply anyway but I'd certainly choose EJ over Ryanair although weve never really had any problems with them either.
Soon Pippy will be gigging in Russia with EJ having gained the rights to fly to Moscow from Gatwick.

Nivsy
Most definitely! Yep, spotted that new route as soon as it was added!
Hi all, I'm off to egypt on Boxing Day travelling with my parents,,, my dad has a small breathing machine which he uses at night, we have only booked hand luggage and my question is dies this have to go in the hand luggable or can it be separate as its a medical machine????

Many thanks in advance
Ask EasyJet they will give the correct answer............
Skootsman, if I understand it correctly, your dad needs advice about travelling with a CPAP machine. It MUST be taken hand baggage, and my experience with Easyjet is that they are very sympathetic and will often allow a piece of medical equipment to be carried in addition to the one piece of handbaggage allowed.

Your dad will not be using the equipment in flight so that will not worry them at all.

Easyjet's website desribes what is allowed here

Quote removed due to copyright reasons and link provided above. Dazbo HT Mod

So your dad will need a doctor's letter stating that he needs to use his machine every night and that it is vital to his health. It will help if the doctor can mention the name of the manufacturer and the reference of the machine eg ResMed S9 or Respironics RemStar.

Do advise your dad that although security are very used to seeing these machines, it is quite normal for them to 'divert' them in the security scan and then take a swab (always negative!!!). Taking the swab will neither harm the equipment nor the user subsequently using it!
Further details of the carraige of CPAP and Ryanair policy has been moved to the Ryanair Topic Q&A.

Darren
On a printed Ryanair boarding pass it also includes info if you are checking in hold luggage - ie 1 Hold luggage 15Kgs.

Do you get this printed with Easyjet boarding passes ? I have never seen it but keen to find out.

Chris
hi, i know its early but does anybody know roughly when easyjet put up there flight for nov dec 2013 and jan 2014 to tenerife.
Hi Lorraine, I booked my November 2012 Tenerife flights from Manchester on the 22nd March the first opportunity. Other UK airports were issued in waves a little later. In the past i have waited until May for November flights. Manchester is usually the first. You need to watch the website everyday for the best prices..
Really stupid question, so apologise, fly in 11 days times and have printed off boarding cards, do I just drop off luggage and whatnot when I get there? Have paid for some.
I've never flown easyjet and have only flown once before, so I apologise.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.