Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Its the return prices at the end of August that are making it so expensive. We booked our flights late on Wednesday night when they were being loaded, and were shocked at our expensive they were. I've just had a look again and the current price from Dalaman to Gatwick on either Friday 30th August or Saturday 31st is £362.99, just one way!!
Don't know whether this is general to other holiday locations, but it makes the price horrendous for families, who are restricted to school holidays.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apartment rental in beautiful area of Turkey, perfect location for a wonderful holiday http://www.turunc-apartment.co.uk
Alfie wrote:
Its the return prices at the end of August that are making it so expensive. We booked our flights late on Wednesday night when they were being loaded, and were shocked at our expensive they were. I've just had a look again and the current price from Dalaman to Gatwick on either Friday 30th August or Saturday 31st is £362.99, just one way!!
Don't know whether this is general to other holiday locations, but it makes the price horrendous for families, who are restricted to school holidays.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apartment rental in beautiful area of Turkey, perfect location for a wonderful holiday http://www.turunc-apartment.co.uk

Yes, i agree, there's a huge hike in prices in mid to late august when we're going to malaga, especially the return leg. I was determined to get in really quickly to book this time as i along with many others it seems made the mistake of waiting (in my case just a few hours) when the early summer flights were released just a few weeks ago, and lost out!
We are returning on august 31st from malaga and the price for that is now eye wateringly expensive :yikes
I was very surprised though to find that there were pretty good prices for a few destinations, last week
Of july in to august. Faro lisbon and menorca spring to mind, especially flying mid week! That was very early on though and those prices i'm sure will have risen considerably!!

Lyn, I'm looking forward to the day when i'm no longer tied to school hols. Have a way to go though as my dd has just started high school. :really
However, she did tell me that there will be a s school trip to france for a week when she's in year 8.!!!
Dh and i will be aking advantage of getting away then, so i'm already thinking about where we can go :rofl
We'll be able to take advantage of cheaper flights as dd's trip is in term time. :D
Does anyone know when late september early october '13 flights will be for sale. It goes up to september 6th now.
Want to go away for our anniversary for 2/3 nights probably amsterdam or barcelona. Have the option of ryanair for barcelona.
Just wondering if it will be in the next few weeks or much later.
Last year I booked flights from Manchester for November at the first opportunity in March, but there doe'snt seem a regular pattern from EJ..
Easyjet have now released flights for 2013. We have just booked to fly from Luton with them to Barcelona next June - very cheap prices too!
Phew, glad I booked to fly to Ibiza from Luton when I did, instead of waiting for Liverpool! No flights in May, and it would have cost about double to fly on the earliest dates, and double for the hotel :o
Easyjet have ben awarded user rights to fly to Russia from the UK. Following the demise of BMI, the UK were entitled to another operator to fly to Russia and following an application EasyJet are likely to fly from Gatwick to yet to be named Moscow airport during 2013.

Nivsy.
We're flying on EZY 1901 Man/Tenerife at 7.00am tomorrow.
Does anyone know where this flight is coming into Manchester from, as trying to work out the departure gate in advance (Allocated seating not yet started on this route)
Vivien-Marie,

Departure gates vary pretty much every day so it's unlikely you'll know the one until you get to the airport. It's not the biggest terminal so shouldn't make much of a difference, most are on Pier B though. Your flight is the first out for that aircraft that morning, it comes in after operating one of 4 possible flights in the early hours (1-2am) then night-stops. It doesn't have any particular route beforehand.

Darren
Thanks Darren - last question, how do I know which is Pier B? Cant find it on map
We went on the pm easyjet from MCR T1 to TFS a few weeks ago and it went from gate 3B. All the easyjet flights we have taken have gone from this part of T1 but not all from this gate.

Go through all the shopping islands and at the end, before you walk into the glass windows, there are a couple of coffee shops, WH Smiths is to your right and there are some seating areas there.

Head right for the main gates that most will be going towards.

You should turn LEFT at the coffee shop location and after a twist and turn go down that leg. you will see a number of Easyjet luggage cages and if you do go from gate 3B or maybe other similar gates you will also need to go down steps to get to this gate.

99% certainty this will be the area you will go from.

The lower gates do not use airbridges, so its a walk and suffer the elements. We have had airbridges from this part of the terminal but the last time we walked and went up the aircraft steps.

Good luck Chris
Vivien-Marie,

Pier B are the gate areas on the left as you enter the main departure lounge area (where alll the shops are) and oposite the food court upstairs.

Darren
I'm flying out to Munich at 07.05 this coming Sunday, from the south terminal. I've flown with Easyjet many, many times but have always previously flown from the north terminal and have got to know which gate to head for. I like to hang around in the right location in order to get to the gate fairly near the front of the queue but I have no idea from which gates Easyjet tend to fly in the south terminal...anyone here know? :tup
Just been checking out EJ's new routes from london ..lot's of flights becoming available from southend which might be a good option for us .

Flights now from stansted to sharm from feb .. we already have ours booked from gatwick for Easter but couldnt resist a look because stansted is nearer for us .. £543 per person and that's before any baggage or extra charges . Surely people are not going to pay those stupid prices :yikes
http://www.easyjet.com/en/book/londonnewroutes_nov2012.html?utm_source=EasyJet_Newsletter_021112_EN_M_LONDON&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=
In an ineresting move, Emirates Airlines have announced to all of their frequent flyer members that they can now collect frequent flyer points when flying Easyjet. Indeed, they now say that Easyjet is one of their partners!

Nivsy
nivsy wrote:
In an ineresting move, Emirates Airlines have announced to all of their frequent flyer members that they can now collect frequent flyer points when flying Easyjet. Indeed, they now say that Easyjet is one of their partners!

Nivsy

That is interesting , :think in the email I received from skywards ( the emirates FF program ) it said that your skywards points could be used to book easyjet flights , I wasn't aware that you would collect points from easyjet flights .
I have 11 or 12 k points from a flight last year , I might just scrape a return flight to Belfast with that ;)

Pippy wrote:
I'm flying out to Munich at 07.05 this coming Sunday, from the south terminal. I've flown with Easyjet many, many times but have always previously flown from the north terminal and have got to know which gate to head for. I like to hang around in the right location in order to get to the gate fairly near the front of the queue but I have no idea from which gates Easyjet tend to fly in the south terminal...anyone here know? :tup

I'm not sure which particular gates they go from , to be blunt nearly 40 % of Gatwicks passengers are on an easyjet flight so they obviously use quite a few gates .
We flew to Munich earlier this year on an early flight midweek and it was virtually empty , no word of a lie everyone could have had 3 seats to themselves !
Are you going to a concert ? We went to 2 concerts on our 2 night stay and we really liked the centre of Munich which we walked around in the day time , the people are so friendly and helpful and the train system they have is cheap and well organised . Have a great time there .
andy66 wrote:

Pippy wrote:

I'm not sure which particular gates they go from , to be blunt nearly 40 % of Gatwicks passengers are on an easyjet flight so they obviously use quite a few gates .
We flew to Munich earlier this year on an early flight midweek and it was virtually empty , no word of a lie everyone could have had 3 seats to themselves !
Are you going to a concert ? We went to 2 concerts on our 2 night stay and we really liked the centre of Munich which we walked around in the day time , the people are so friendly and helpful and the train system they have is cheap and well organised . Have a great time there .

Thanks :) It's so long since I've flown from the south terminal, I can't even visualise where the various gates are! I'll just stand in the middle of the terminal and be ready to run!

I've a feeling it may be fairly full, just because the price has shot up in the last few days (that's assuming they keep the price low if the seats don't sell??) and my friend and I would like to grab seats together. I'm sure we won't have any trouble doing that, never have in the past and this flight doesn't have pre-bookable seats.

The flight home on Tuesday night is a different matter! I booked my flights before my friend did (because she decided to do the trip after I did). This flight does have pre-bookable seats. When I booked, I just let them choose my seat (was allocated 7F). When my friend booked a couple of days later, she could only get a seat behind me. This is exactly the reason I didn't want them to bring in pre-bookable seating as I just knew it would cause this problem for myself and my friends who often book last-minute trips and don't all book at the same time! Oh well, as I said before, first-world problems ;)

Yes, we are indeed going to a gig (how did you guess?!), it's on Monday night at the Olympiahalle.

http://www.olympiapark.de/en/home/events-tickets/music-and-concerts/details/event/3473/Muse%20/ :D

We're staying at a hostel not far from the venue and meeting up with other friends from various countries. We'll have most of Sunday and Tuesday to explore the city (Monday we'll be queueing from about 7 to secure our barrier spot!) so I'm doing lots of research on where to visit, eat etc :)
I looked at the price for the following Sunday and it was still low , I think they just put the price up if the flight is due to go in the next few days , up to a week before we went the price was still around the same as I had paid months before ,
Perhaps on the return you could do swapsies with someone , or there might be spare seats elsewhere ?

From what I can remember the Olympic park had about 4 different train routes to it , lets put it like this , it's gotta be easier to get to than the O2 here !!

To be honest I have the same problem trying to visualise the south terminal too as we mainly fly from the north , Have a great time .
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.