Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi.. the coyotes is very good for breakfast as well, the sausages are the best we have ever had,very good service ever time.. :tup
theres a new place on the csm road called Troyka? good food bit up market but exellant, cafe lazydays has a new chef food is very good,
Cant think where either Coyote or Angaara are, could we have some directions.
Hi

The coyote is at the bottom of beach road, turn left at the tiarma & its the one before the English rose.
One of the owners mothers owns sweet hearts cake shop / cafe.One night we arrived at 10pm & by 11pm they had a cake for my brother in laws birthday & with his name on.Now that's service.We have used the coyote for the last seven years & the quality of food doesn't disappoint.

Make it one to try.

Dawn
Angarra's is over the road from J29 or sports bar in the beach road candolim or Inferno's...
Out fav eating places in Calangute were

After Seven, we had 2 prawns in pineapple and ginger and 2 fillet steaks with mushroom sauce and jacket potatoes, everything cooked beautifully and presented well, excellent service and ambience, 2 beers and 2 glasses of white wine (best wine I had while there - Sauvignon Blanc). It is a little more expensive than some places - total bill IRP 1600.

Hot & Chill, we shared a kingfish starter (cooked in batter) and 2 Chateaubriand steaks, you get 3 pieces served with creamy mash potaotos and fresh veg and 3 Kingfisher beers - total bill IRP 1200

For lunch we went to Uncles Kitchen regularly, it's the scruffyest place you've seen but the food is glorious, we had 2 chicken tikka, 2 rotti and 1 garlic naan, 1 diet coke, 1 lime soda, 1 bottle water, total bill IRP 428 the chicken tikka, rotti and naan is cooked in the clay oven in front of you and served piping hot.
Just back and we did try some new places - but didn't like them.

Our favourites are still as before.

1. Bomras, Burmese food - delicate flavours and so tasty.

2. La Plage, French food with an Indian twist - and the French customers are so chic.

3. Mermaid, for when we want a plain and simple, steak and chips with no fuss.
simmey wrote:
For lunch we went to Uncles Kitchen regularly, it's the scruffyest place you've seen but the food is glorious, we had 2 chicken tikka, 2 rotti and 1 garlic naan, 1 diet coke, 1 lime soda, 1 bottle water, total bill IRP 428 the chicken tikka, rotti and naan is cooked in the clay oven in front of you and served piping hot.

Hi Simmey, where is uncles kitchen? i love a good chicken tikka! :-)
Hi lauraj,

Uncles Kitchen is right opposite the Nizmar Hotel in Calangute, we enjoyed our chicken Tikka lunches so much we tried it in the evening aswell and had chicken Jalfreize and chicked Dopiaza with rice and naans and it was great again, it doesn't open until 2pm at lunch time though so have a late breakfast.
As usual had some amazing meals,went to old favourites such as allspice,kimfaa,jamies(excellent)a reverie new ones were:
1.Talassa,at vagator,the most beautiful setting ever,i really can`t praise this one enough we went 3 times
2.Bomra`s,we all said this was the best meal we have had,very different,very clever food.
And a special mention for A reverie each time we go here i`m always impressed it really has the wow factor
Agree with you Gemma don't know what all the fuss is about, the Inferno is good but not exceptional.

Green Jacket has greatly improved this year, food excellent, although service is a little bit slow.

21 Coco, Beach Road, excellent chicken tikka masalla.

Viva Le Feniche, opposite the ice factory on the way to Calengute .

Tuscany Gardens, past Kingfisher Villa, same side of the road.

For those fed up of indian food, try the Salad Bar at the bottom on Beach Road. Enough Salad for two, closes at 6.00. Order before if you want a take away.
Bringing this back into view for thatnicegirl, many of the reccomendations still stand, hope this is of use/
Lin
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.