Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi Talia - due to fly out to Luxor on the 9th March. We booked through On the Beach so phoned them and asked the situation. They explained that they only act as our agents but that EasyJet had posted options on their website so we needed firstly to confirm a flight change with them and then get back to On the Beach with flight details and they would sort a hotel to match our flights (but we needed to have an idea where we wanted first).

So we rang Easy Jet and they waived the admin fee to transfer our flights to Malta (the Malta flights were cheaper although we didn't get offered a refund - at least it didn't cost us more). We then phoned On the Beach and gave them 4 hotels we were interested in and they booked us in to one of them (this did cost more than Egypt so we had to pay the extra).

At least we now know we have a holiday in March.

HTH

Dave

(Post submission edit) I have seen On the Beach gettting some bad press both on here and other forums but I have to speak as I find. We have been using them for 3 years now (typically 2 or 3 foreign holidays a year) and have always found the staff helpful and the holidays exactly as described.
off to Hurghada on 5th march finghers crossed everything will be ok for us to travel stying at the titanic beach spa and aqua park :wave:
11 march in the sensatori resort...fingers crossed its open in time...
titanic beach spa and aqua park is opened roll on march 5th :D :wave: :sun2
Just over 5 weeks to the Tropicana Grand Azure :sun2
3rd april 2011 for a week flying from manchester staying at dreams beach resort ssh for the 2nd time
:sun2 :cheers
Kath - I'm thinking of requesting 2 rooms in the same accomodation block in the Grand Azure, for us and Eifion. Can you recommend the best place to stay? As I'm a hopeless sleeper a quiet block would be nice.
I am doing a Nile cruise in November. Can't wait. This will be my 3rd time in egypt.
We got back from Baron Palms in Sharm 2 weeks ago and we've just booked Grand Makadi in Hugarda for 7 weeks time! Got a ridiculous deal we couldn't say no to :)
Sunrise Island View 4th July for 10 days ... 15 weeks and counting !!
Hi,
Off to Iberotel Palace, Old Sharm, tomorrow. If anyone has any queries about this hotel let me know and will try to answer them.
Regards Caro
Mamlouk palace in Hurghada on 1st April for two lovely weeks. :sun2
9 sleeps for me till I go to the Sunrise Tirana :D
7 SLEEPS and ROYAL GRAND AZURE they not gona know what hits them with my brood lol :rofl :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.