Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
July/August will be very hot in Egypt. I cant comment on the flight trip much as personally have only done the cruise (that was about 2 1/2 hours on its own by coach to get to Cairo from port!!)but most of the sites you see are actually in Cairo itself.

The pyramids for example are actually just on the outskirts of Cairo. If its like the cruise you will visit the museum etc which is in Cairo.

I think the longest part will be in Cyprus travelling to the airport (as l think it departs from Larnaca) but thats early in the morning so now doubt they will be sleeping!

Others can probably comment on the flight excursion more!

Have a great time!

Sunset
A couple we met last year in Protaras done this trip through the Direct Holidays rep at the hotel.The flight was from Paphos,not Larnaca.From what I remember them telling me it was an early morning flight,bus trip to the pyramids etc,bus back to city(probably Cairo) to a 5 star hotel for lunch,a trip up the Nile on a boat with dinner included(or vice versa) then a late night flight back to Paphos.I think it was a whole 24 hours from getting picked up to being dropped off back at the hotel but they did say it was worth every penny.
we did this one day trip last year and i was also concerned about how long the coach trip was once in cairo. but even though it is over an hour to get to the pyramids, it didnt seem this long because there is so much to look at on the way through cairo. it is a complete culture shock and to be honest i could have done with more time on the coach! as for your 14yr olds i think it would depend on how interested they are in it all! it is a very long day, we were up for 23hrs but it was worth it and would do it again tomorrow!
please see my reply ( 4/2 ) to similar enquiry ( 2/2 )

Paphos to airport is only 30 mins , quick check in, 1 hour flight, breakfast on board. Once the bus convoy is sorted its about 1 hour to the pyramids.
The convoy gets traffic priority. Be prepared for a facinating , probably a very hot but long day.An experience not to be missed but it is from start to finish somewhere in the region of a 23 hour day.Travel light but with plenty of drinks and cyprus small change --- the Egyptions want tips with everything
Who is best to book this excursion with. We are planning the trip in mid June so the weather will not be a as bad.

Clare.
i booked through regency travel based in limmassol, they have a website and i booked on-line. the price was 189cypriot pounds each this includes everything. A bit pricey but well worth it. You can also book through a travel agent when you get to cyprus but they are the same price as booking on-line.
From experience l would suggest you book from the resort. However if you go into http://www.yahoo.com. THEN type in day trips to cairo from paphos , it brings up various web pages. Good luck
i was just wondering if the flights for these trips (thinking of booking through thomas cook) depart from paphos or larnaca to cairo. is it egypt air? what are people's experiences of the flight?
Yes its worth the extra to go via plane, we did the whole boat thing and it was more tiring basically because you at sea for hours.

Going via plane also should bag you a trip on the nile, we never did that when we went.

I am not sure where they depart from, but the mini cruise departs from Limassol.

Cairo is a real eye opener :wink:
Hi,
We're going to Cyprus for the first time in July this year and are thinking about doing the egypt cruise, from looking at various websites it looks like it costs about £200 per person. Does anyone know if we could get it cheaper in resort or if its best to book with our tour op? Also is it reasonably priced to eat and drink as we really enjoy doing that. Thanks for any help.
We stayed in Protaras and booked this trip through Thisvi Travel in the resort. Was a lot cheaper than the rep (first choice), we all enjoyed the trip, thought it was brilliant, we paid £280 for a larger cabin and thought it was excellent value.
I would wait until you get there to book all our food was included in the price and it was pretty good { i am the fussiest eater ever !!! } the drinks were reasonable.
Although dont be expecting great luxury on board as you wont get it the trip was a wonderful experience Egypt was a real eye opener ! the only thing i done was forgot to bring a cardigan as the airconditioning on board left me freezing when you were sitting watching the shows
We went about four years ago. Booked it through the hotel. Coach picked up about 6.30am to Paphos Airport. 50 mins flight to Cairo.

First visit was to the Muhammed Ali Temple for about 90 mins. Impressive but too long there. Then onto National Museum to see Tutankhamen. Excellent, but only there for 1 hour.

Then onto to lunch in hotel at base of pyramids. Then into pyramids, (yes inside a pyramid), Sphinx.

Papyrus museum, Perfume factory, Dinner on boat sailing down Nile cabaret show, wander around bazaar, onto coach, plane and back in hotel for about midnight.

A long but rewarding day. Not enough time in museum or at pyramids.
Thanks for your advice, you did mean that price of £280 was for the two of you didn't you? And thanks for the tip of a cardigan i get really cold in air con.
Sorry, the price was for 2 adults and our 11 year old son. We were quite surprised at the price, we expected to pay more than we actually did. :lol:
I browsed teh www and found one interesting link with the programm for that trip :

http://www.regency-travel.com/shortairbreaks.html

We are going to Paphos the first 2 weeks of july, and I collected a lot of information planning the trip.

regards,

Patrick
Yes patrick, we booked online through regency travel and had no probs at all.
It was a fantastic trip even though we had the long coach drive from protaras to paphos. but would do it all again tomorrow.
You should have a great time its breath taking!!
This looks good thanks for the link. We've always wanted to go to Egypt so a short trip whilst we are in cyprus sounds like a good oportunity
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.