Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
You will get a better rate changing your sterling up when you get there Tamara.

I dont bother taking any with me now . Just take sterling then either cash it at the hotel as we need it which is still a better rate than here or some hotels will have an exchange shop close by .

My teens do the same . I always make sure I have a few £1 coins to get by on for the porters etc . Whilst they prefer Egyptian money they are certainly more than happy to accept those and then they cash them in with us for tenners that they can change easier.
I agree with what Lyn says, dont bother with any money here, you always without doubt get a better rate when at your hotel. Also you do have the option of seeing plenty of shops that do change UK sterling, so dont worry and have a great time, why is it 5 months till i go back, not fair :tongue
thanks for the information guys! i go thursday :)
Me & Fella went to Thomas Cook on sunday and they said that the whole country was having a shortage but should get more on Wednesday? We are going next friday so I think we will only take about 100 quids worth of Egyptian Pounds with us, and exchange the rest once we are there.
Don't know if you need to get your hands on the Egyptian money in any hurry but I got mine form here:

http://www.thomasexchange.co.uk/

They offer a much better exchange rate than the travel agents and have not got any problem with stocks. The only thing is unless you can get to their branch in London, you need to do a bacs transfer from your bank which takes 3 working days, then they post our by special delivery on next day service.
The rate you will get in Egypt from a bank or an ATM is about 9.24. I doubt you will get that that here as I saw it advertised yesterday in Thomas Cook for 8.40! I would wait and change your sterling there.
I think i'll get some 1$ notes and then i'll get the other money when i'm out there.
What we have done is got about $40 in $1 bills, and we also changed £200 over here also. Have put the rest on one of those Thomas Cook cash passports so we just get the daily exchange rate whilst we are over there.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.