General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
:rofl :rofl son done just that - but in his girlfriends wardrobe all over her clothes!

I'm sure I've got loads as I roll from one disaster straight into another :rofl
Not really on a holiday as such buy a few year ago we were staying overnight in a bar where my brother in law was having a birthday party. It's a very old place and the rooms were not en-suite!!! My hubby in his younger days had how shall we say a bit of a tendency to mistake other rooms in the house for the bathroom when under the influence and I usually woke up when he stumbled out in time to guide him in the right the direction!!

On this particular night it seems that I may have ha one or two too many myself as I woke up during the night desperate for the loo an without a seconds thought left the bedroom and headed for the toilet......naked which is not a pretty sight. I tried to push the loo door open but someone pulled it close from the inside!! So I pushed again and they pulled again and again and again in the end I pushed really hard fell into the bathroom and there on the other side of the door was the hubby bollock naked too!!

For some strange reason( probably the amount of vodka consumed) I found this highly amusing and it took a while to realise that we were locked out our room with no means of getting back in, there wasn't a reception down stairs lead to the bar which alarmed. We searched the 3 available bathrooms for towels but all we could find was a tiny bathmat...I still have a picture in my head of Hubby holding this in front of him storming on the corridor telling me it wasn't funny!!!
In the end he decided that the only thing to do was charge the door and force it open ( it locked with a Yale type lock) and he would get it repaired in the morning so off he and and bathmat went running back down the corridor and.....he went flying through the door which I must have left on the latch!!!
We've never stayed there since as my brother in law told us they have CCTV cameras in the on both floors and stairs am waiting till they renovate!!!
LOL Thats brilliant. You might pop up on You've been framed at some point in the future then!? Did Hubby injure himself?
Again not a holiday one but a funny story. I was meeting my wife at the gym and on the way in I noticed a small boy of about 4 wondering on his own outside by the steps of the gym! Me being the nice guy that I am asked him 'Wheres your Mom and Dad son'. He then turned around and was a dwarf!!! It turns out their was aDwarf conention at the gym!
Luckilly he saw the funny side of it but I felt terrible!
No he didn't injure himself apart from his pride lol
My brother used to sleep walk and one night mam and dad were sitting in bed reading when in walked my brother in his shorts. Mam spoke to him and when she never got a reply thought 'Oh oh' - at that my brother opened the airing cupboard door and turned around whilst starting to pull his shorts down. Mam shouted 'George!!' (that's my dad), Dad promptly shot out of bed, starkers to 'guide' my brother to the toilet :really
:rofl Eldest did that too Glynis....but we were watching tv and I saw him come downstairs ..thinking he was getting a drink. It was when he stood over the potato basket and started pulling down his boxers that I intervened :rofl
We hadn't long been married and my sister and hubby stayed over after a night out we didn't have a spare bed then so just piled the cushions off the sofa and chairs on the living room floor for them to sleep on. Sis woke up to my hubby walking in the room starkers as usual lol he walked over to Brother in laws side of the make shift bed and was just about to start peeing on his head yuk when sisters scream (probably of laughter) woke him......why oh why did I not live with him before I married him lol....Ma in Law kept very quiet about his nocturnal wanderings!!!!
:yikes It's not my son you're married to is it? :rofl
He was staying at a friends one night as it was nearer to the pub. Next morning he said to his friends mum 'I was sick last night BUT the good news is I made it to the waste paper bin!' (big sigh of relief)....'BUT...it was a whicker one with no lining!' :rofl (she'd already had to throw away a duvet that he'd thrown up on before)
Not so much embarrasing but felt rather daft. Last year when I was on hols in Spain, the Hotel Bed was firmer than usual, I do like a soft bed. So when I was next in reception I spoke to the receptionist, who I 'thought' spoke good English well better than my broken Spanish - that could I have extra blankets to put on the bed to soften my night sleep, it helps a little anyways.

So later in the afternoon I had gone back to my room for the afternoon siesta and just about to pop in the shower when the room maid knocked on the door, ahh good I thought. She smiled at me and brought in Sheets, not a blanket in site.. hmmmm. Well she spoke not a sausage of english apart from yes and no and my limited Spanish didn't stretch to 'aahh good you've brought the blankets for a softer bed'. She then pulled the cover blanket, pillows, sheets and then proceeded to 'feel' the bed. Puzzled I was saying Que every few seconds and she kept saying yes yes and then I realised the woman was checking the bed as she must have thought I had soiled it :cry . So I then kept saying no no and pointed to blanket - after about 10 minutes of getting nowhere fast I let her flip the mattress put on a mattress protector, sheets etc and let her leave the room.

didn't ask again :rofl
:rofl Oh dear Miss Pink :rofl

Betty Boop wrote:
It was when he stood over the potato basket

For some reason potato basket made me snigger :D

nejulie wrote:
why oh why did I not live with him before I married him lol....Ma in Law kept very quiet about his nocturnal wanderings!!!!
;)
When we were in Cyprus, hubby mistook the outer room door for the bathroom door. Having got up to go to the toilet & fed up of me telling him to shut the bedrrom door all week , because of the air con, he found himself outside in the hotel corridor- naked :duh With the internal door shut & the air con on, there was no way I could here him knocking. He was petrified when he heard the lift approaching, and there wasn't a doormat in sight!!! He ran to the end of the corirdor and hid round the corner :rofl Eventually, I did hear him, & let him in, but of course it ws all my fault :que
Lol Helen it's always our fault!!! I've just been around to my sisters tonight as we are off to Turkey next and we are taking 2 of our nieces with us and I wanted their passports to fill in the API when I was there we were sitting chatting over a glass of wine about holidays past and she reminded me about a classic!!!

My parents have an apartment in Turkey which we have visited lots of times. Me and the OH have been there the most times and tend to think of one of the bedrooms (there are 2) as ours!!

A couple of years ago we went their as usual but this time my parents had came home for my nephews graduation and one of my sisters decided last minute that her and my then 14 year old niece would come out for a week. It made sense that me and OH would use my parents room while sis and daughter used "our room".
They arrived and we all went out had a few drinks as you do, came back and me sis and Oh sat on the balcony having a night cap or two. Next thing I know is I am waking up in the morning no OH beside me gets up and can see other bedroom door open and OH lying on one of the beds, looks in the sitting room and there is Sis and Niece asleep on the sofas!!!

OH had only got up and found the bathroom ( couldn't find any evidence to suggest he found somewhere more convenient) then had went back to what he thought was our room sat on the bottom of our Nieces bed and of course he was in his usual nude state and started singing!!

Sis tried to lead him back but he was going no where they listened to his Prince and Bowie back list then they decided to move out!! It's just as well our niece takes everything into her stride !!! As it was we had him on for ages that she was traumatised and was selling her story to "Take a Break' they even mocked up a Magazine cover

This year I have bought him some Pyjama bottoms!!!!
nejulie wrote:
Lol Helen it's always our fault!!! I've just been around to my sisters tonight as we are off to Turkey next and we are taking 2 of our nieces with us and I wanted their passports to fill in the API when I was there we were sitting chatting over a glass of wine about holidays past and she reminded me about a classic!!!

My parents have an apartment in Turkey which we have visited lots of times. Me and the OH have been there the most times and tend to think of one of the bedrooms (there are 2) as ours!!

A couple of years ago we went their as usual but this time my parents had came home for my nephews graduation and one of my sisters decided last minute that her and my then 14 year old niece would come out for a week. It made sense that me and OH would use my parents room while sis and daughter used "our room".
They arrived and we all went out had a few drinks as you do, came back and me sis and Oh sat on the balcony having a night cap or two. Next thing I know is I am waking up in the morning no OH beside me gets up and can see other bedroom door open and OH lying on one of the beds, looks in the sitting room and there is Sis and Niece asleep on the sofas!!!

OH had only got up and found the bathroom ( couldn't find any evidence to suggest he found somewhere more convenient) then had went back to what he thought was our room sat on the bottom of our Nieces bed and of course he was in his usual nude state and started singing!!

Sis tried to lead him back but he was going no where they listened to his Prince and Bowie back list then they decided to move out!! It's just as well our niece takes everything into her stride !!! As it was we had him on for ages that she was traumatised and was selling her story to "Take a Break' they even mocked up a Magazine cover

This year I have bought him some Pyjama bottoms!!!!

My favourite story so far! Can just picture your hubby starkers, singing away. :rofl
On holiday in Tunisia, my husband and I sat down at breakfast time. I got up to get my buffet breakfast. I got back to the table, sat down saying " there's nice bacon today". I looked across the table at a stunned stranger while my embarrassed husband sat shaking his head at the next table. I've had two cataracts removed since then, much to the relief of my husband :oops:
Our first holiday without the kids we shared a transfer with another couple, and by the time we arrived at the hotel we probably knew the mans life story, he never stopped talking!! (about his divorce etc.) well he invited us for a drink in the bar, so being polite we did, hoping to avoid him during the rest of the holiday!!.
Well, later that evening we were sat in the bar and hubby thinks this couple sitting near are the same people but I kept saying they weren't, in the end he convinced me, so up he gets and goes over to them and offers to buy them a drink and calls me over to sit with them, which I'm not happy about. After some time I'm thinking they are really nice and not as obnoxious as I first thought.
Several days later we are in the lift and in walks these two people, who we now recognise are the ones who we shared the taxi with and not the couple we had been friendly with all week, who must have thought we were quite mad as the first conversation hubby had with them revolved around the divorce and also thinking we were very outgoing and generous buying complete strangers a drink. (I suppose you had to be there). Talk about mistaken identity :oops:

Caz
My embarrassimg story

Arrived very late at hotel, so tired just went straight to bed

Next morning got up, explored the varander, seeing it was the fifth floor, the varander was the rood top, and I had it all to my self, so I thought

It was so hot, I left the shutters open at night, and had to take a shower to cool down, slept on top of the covers, and in the nude :oops: :shock:

So finally I got to sleep, now being a guy, something popped up during the night :grin :yikes, now when I woke, I thought there was someone watching me

Later on that day, the hotel rep spoke to me, on behalf of the hotel manager, and as it turns out, the roof top is just not for me, it is alsp used by the maids, to hang and dry the towels, and my room is right in there line

The maids could help but giggle and talk about me, so I was asked now if I could wear some underpants at night :omg
A few years back we were staying in Taba. Our hotel was right next to the Israeli boarder, and it was when the bombings were and all trips e.t.c cancelled. I was in 2 minds about our safety and whether to transfer our holiday elsewhere, however hubby convinced me to go.
Lounging on the lounger on the beach one day, when gun shots were fired. I dived off my lounger and took cover, only to look around at everybody else chilling and looking at me. Turns out it was the naval troops practicing fire shots into the sea. Something they did regularly, and it seemed everybody knew except for me. Talk about feeling a numpty under my lounger :rofl :rofl
OK. Here's mine. Myself, wife and daughter sharing a first floor apartment in Lanzarote. We go out to balcony with a drink, unfortunately I shut the door behind me and it had automatic lock! We were out for over half an hour before a maid came byy and rescued us!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.