Spain - All Other Costas, Inland Areas Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding all Spanish areas not covered.
For a 14 year old I would recommend the hotels as Mojacar's late night night clubs are definitely not suitable.Many bars have live music and a few, Karaoke.Possibly too old for the dodgems and mini bungy jumps I think.
Mojacar is pretty laid back,John.
Thanks John, That's just what we want. Mojacar is a place that we have wanted to visit for a few years but seeing other places like Nerja (awful!) we did have one or two concerns.

Is it worth going up to the pueblo, or is the main life down on the playa? Will certainly have to visit Garrucha for the fish.

Dave
Nothing much in the pueblo - a few gift shops & (apparently restaurants) -we were disappointed. On the Playa there is a row of beach bars opposite the nightclub which pay music & may be toa 14 year olds taste & Pueblo Indalo have shows. Not much else for teenagers though.
What was so awful about Nerja? - we had considered this for a future visit.
I thought that Nerja was too British, not tacky but did feel "colonial"and expensive. Seemed to lack decent resturants as well. Did have one good meal, but that cost an arm and a leg!

This could just be my opinion. "One mans meat" etc. We do tend to prefer "Spanish" resorts.
Hmm tricky -you want "entertainment" but don't want English bars, karaoke etc -unfortunately you can't have your cake & eat it!

Personally I think Mojacar is what you make it- if you go to the English bars then obviously you are going to get an English feel to the place with lots of other Brits around.
If you go into the local Spanish bars & restaurants you will be surrounded by Spanish, & therefore have more of a Spanish atmosphere -it's just a matter of what you prefer.

We seldom go the British bars, preferring the Spanish ones, which I assume you would prefer too?
However like others have said these probably wont have the entertainment that your daughter is looking for (& you would probably hate anyway!!).

The pueblo is very Spanish & we go up there all the time,(its an absolute must) we have taken my Niece who is 15 -she is quite happy to poke around the shops & enjoy a late evening meal at a Spanish restaurant (practicing her Spanish too) & she can't wait to go again next year.

Hopefully your daughter will be quite happy fitting in with your preferences -with maybe an odd visit to a British bar to keep the peace!!!

Hope you have a great time -such a pity you didn't make it last year!

Lindi
http://www.mojacar-samay.com
Hi Lindi, like the website!

I'm going with an open mind. I don't mind the Brits as long as they're not all wearing football shirts! Other places that we have been for the last few years would now be too quiet for my daughter. Like your neice, she would be happy with a few shops to poke around in and she likes Spanish food. I don't know about her Spanish though, that normally only extends to la quenta o una fanta limon. We are only staying for 1 week, so a few nights here and there the week will soon go.

As I've said I am going with an open mind and after speaking with other people, I've got a good feeling about it.

Thanks for the info

Dave
Is it worth going up to the pueblo, or is the main life down on the playa? Will certainly have to visit Garrucha for the fish.

It is definitely worth a visit to the Pueblo if only for the view.You will get a Spanish feel as thats who live there on the whole.Life for most tourists is on the Playa but visiting other towns such a Garrucha is recommended although I have to warn you about the (and they are) great fish restaurants.Dont order your food out of the fresh fish and seafood fridge counters without asking the price as some Scampi for instance are in excess of €130 a kilo (Even in Mojacar) many tourists and locals alike have had a shock when the bill turns up.John.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.