Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hiya,

A boat trip is the perfect way to spend your birthday (in my opinion). We used to take a bottle of cheap bubbly from the supermarket with us on special days, and if you have a quiet word with the captain when you are booking, he'll do a birthday cake for you too. Its an all day trip - you'll leave Gumbet jetty about 10, come back about 6pm. Stops off at 4 or 5 little bays for swimming. lunch included. Loads of places will book boat trips for you, and you don't need to book much in advance - a day or so is all the notice the boat captain needs (to get the cake :wink: !).

Happy holidays,

Elaine
Hi Elaine, thanks for this sounds perfect! Will defo have to look into this - sure I done something like this in Spain one year.... Just wanted to make his birthday a bit different from any other day and I think this would do the trick!
cant beat the boat trips :D just look out beacuse there were some in marmaris this year for £10 with all your drinks included (i was in gumbet last year and it was £10 without drinks) There is a lady on the beach not far from the jasmin apartments called sandy who we booked with and the trip was a brilliant day out :D
Will keep this in mind! Thank you for all the information much appriciated.
Can anyone recommend where to book excursions in town? Dont want to use reps. Can anyone give me an idea on costs and what currency is accepted as payment? We fancy going to Esphesus, a water park and probably a boat trip too!

Many thanks :lol:
Gumbet is full of travel agents all trying to sell you excursions so you won't have trouble finding one at all!!! Don't book through your reps as they charge twice as much. The water park trip is about a tenner, that includes picking you up and taking you there, entrance into the water park and also taking you home at the end of the day, altho it does include a visit to a Gold centre which is quite annoying, we got off the coach and got on a dolmus back to Gumbet right outside the gold centre! Loads of boat trips available, last year there was 12 of us on holiday and we managed to get our own boat for £80 for the whole day including lunch, which was just fantastic, I think usually they cost about £10 - £12 each, the boats are gulet style boats so you end up lay on big foam mattresses on top deck, make sure they don't overload the boats. Fantastic day, stopping at several bays, cliff jump etc, you'll love it!! Sorry can't help about the Ephesus trip as I've never been on it. Another trip highly reccomended is the jeep safari, there's already a big post on here about that so check that out!
I can't add anything to Vix post, except to say that any currency is accepted by the tour agencies for trips ie Turkish lira, Sterling, Euros, US dollars, plus of course credit cards.

Elaine
Sorry, posted twice by mistake,

Elaine
We've booked our boat trips with Sandy on the beach down near the Jasmin Beach for the last two summers, anyone know if she is there this year or not? She was saying last year she might not be...... We also did all our water sports through her as well, she gave us good discounts as we were doing loads.....
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.