Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
day trips
28 Posts
There`s loads of booking offices in Benidorm with loads of diferent trips including trips to Ibiza in the summer depends what you`re looking for.
We like going on the train and we`ve visited Denia, Calpe, Alicante and Villajoysia and all inexpensive.A popular trip is the blanket trip, it`s free, we haven`t done it as we travel as a family and I don`t think it would be suitable for us but mybe latter.
I would highly recommend Guadalest and Font Algar. Guadalest is a mountain village, one of the most popular tourist attractions in Spain and not too far from Benidorm. Font Algar is en route: waterfalls that you can stand under.
What is a blanket trip?
Hi Laurie ... more about Blanket Trips HERE.

David :wave
thanks,
shall try out some of these places :P
You can get the number 8 bus (i think) on the road where Beindorm palace is. And it takes you to Albir, which is a nice little place to visit. Stay on it a bit further and you come to Altea. There is a nice walk along the beach here. And in the back streets you can walk up some steep steps. And you come to a square where you can see all over to albir. And there are some great bars and restaurants up here. Worth a day out to altea for 1 euro each on the bus.
I have just been reading about the downhill bike ride,has anyone done it?I'm tempted to give it a try
Thank you.

Now I see, a blanket trip is to buy blankets. Why didnt I think of that :roll:
Laurie
As you saw from the other thread we did one of the NHP trips.
Contrary to what I was expecting there is no sales pressure, in fact after the "talk" we walked out and waited outside in the sun, whereas a couple of years ago we didn't think we would make it out of a Turkish Carpet factory in one piece!

The trips have different itineries so pick a nice one that appeals and enjoy the free glass of orange juice in the shade while the sales pitch goes over your head! Our trip was to Polop? but I was not that impressed. The next trip was to some Gardens, but I couldn't be bothered to get up early twice in one week!

The Arce near Guadalest is an oft mentioned animal sanctuary worth popping in if you are in the area.
The most popular of these 'free' trips seems to be The Famous Green Tour.

There are daily departures, with either a half day or full day excursion.

Destinations available include Guadalest, Elche, Alicante, Torrevieja, Calpe and Polop.

hi
we went to benidorm 2 years ago and went on a boat trip round the coast to calpe had a lovely time lovely scenery and very good value. The boats go from the marina near the old town but we went in may and there was quite a queue then so best to get there early to make sure you get on !!!!!!
there a few places i'd like to go to, but i don't like the REP's prices.
Are there any places to book these trips in Benidorm please
cheers
Mistie
Mistie ... almost all excursions available through holiday reps are also available through local agencies, usually at lower prices. One such agency is Local Tours on Calle Esperanto. You will also find reps on the streets offering the various free excursions associated with health or bedding products.

Where abouts is
"Calle Esperanto"
Please
cheers
mistie
Right, it's a fairly long road, stretching from Avenida Mediterraneo all the way across Avenida Europa to Flamingo Benidorm.

But Local Tours is just near the bus terminus at the Avda Mediterraneo end of Esperanto, opposite Hotels Poseidon and Madeiro Centro.

That was just one example, you may find several others closer to your accommodation.

i know the Hotel Poseidon
stayed there some years ago
thank you
very much for your help
cheers
Mistie
Well you should have known where Calle Esperanto was then !! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think you may find Local Tours almost directly opposite Hotel Poseidon's front door - providing they haven't moved of course ! :lol:

Mistie ... I see that you are back with us again, I hope that you had a great holiday. Did you find any interesting excursions, or more importantly, did you find Calle Esperanto ??? :lol: :lol:

I found THE TOUR SHOP (thank you)
and the trip to Valencia was more costly than with DIRECT HOLIDAYS the tour company we went with. Lovely place. Did the church, football ground, and had a lovely day out.
Mistie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.