Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi

I think you might really struggle on getting a cheap last minute to Turkey - maybe somewhere in the 'Eurozone'.
You just have to look at the posts in the forums to get an idea - no posts in 3 days over on Ibiza forum - maybe 10 or more a day in here............
Skyscanner also reported an increase of 175% for searches on Turkey flights this summer.

I'm sure you would be able to pick up a cheap AI in Ibiza or Costa Brava at the last minute but don't forget that you are unlikely to get child prices and ALWAYS check the reviews on cheap AI - there are some real stinkers out there (Been there, done that, got the T-Shirt)

Start looking about 6 weeks before your dates, that seems to be when most start discounting but it may be later if demand is still high. We got a week mid August in Rhodes last year for £220 ea B&B AOA - booked the on the Sunday. flew Thursday......

Good Luck

john.
I was also going to suggest starting to look between 6 weeks and 4 weeks before you wish to travel. You may have more luck with an AI in the Eurozone as you are talking abour 9 or 10 possible destinations as opposeed to one destination, so if you are flexible you could get lucky.

Difficult in the school holidays though. I think as you get really close to the date, ie within a week of going you might find that either supply starts running out of prices are creeping back up as rooms and flights sell out.

There is a thread in General about people who just go to the airport on the day they wish to travel with packed cases, go up to the desk and say 'what have you got going in the next few hours?' Dont know if I would be brave enough to do that if there was 5 of us including kids though, but it's a thought.

Good Luck

Doe :wave
a friend of mine booked a holiday to Turkey the Weds before last and flew out on the Saturday (back today). They paid £500 for two adults All Inclusive at the Holiday Village. Of course thats out of school holiday period. Id start looking about a month before if i were you. Easier when there are only two adults. Having said that if you are flexible on location - we booked a last minute to Menorca a couple of years ago, about five days ahead of departure for three (2 adults, 1 child) and ended up in a great place at about half the cost. Good luck.
Could you fly from a Scotish airport as there schools go back at the middle of August. A couple of years a go we flew from Glasgow (booked a few weeks before we went) as the same holiday from our local airport was hundreds of pounds dearer.

My sister is flying to Florida this year in August for the same reason.
Thanks for the replies folks, plenty to think about there. I'm now feeling more confident of getting a bit of sun this summer. :cheers

Lauden, at a push we could fly from Edinburgh, I wasn't aware about the differing school holidays up there, so I will certainly add that airport into my holiday searches. We're Yorkshire based but I travel to Edinburgh on business quite often & can do it in 4 hours. Certainly longer than our usual trip to Manchester airport but no worse than flying from one of the London airports which we were already prepared to do, if a good deal came up departing from down South.

I'll keep everyone updated if we do land a deal.
We are from the North East so Newcastle/Durham Tees are our prefered airport but for a family of 4 the 3 hours to Glasgow was the cheaper option for us. For future reference their whit holidays (end of May for England) is different to ours too. Hope you get a good deal.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.