Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
... and there's an extra 'e' in 'algarve' in the url. ;)
No Jayjan, I tried it without the uppercasing, :(

Yep Sagres, you've cracked it! :) (I hadn't noticed that... :whoops )

Thank you both. :ghug
Well spotted Sagres, I just typed it in the browser bar, never noticed the extra e.
Isn't it amazing how your brain tells your eyes what they're seeing! :que I looked at that link closely (or so I thought) and didn't spot the extra "e". Mind you, Mr Google wasn't any help either - came up with a lot of suggested websites about "algae" and "Reverend so and so's"!!
Lummie

I rang First Choice last week, as there prices had just come out, they priced the Vila Petra at £2800 :que :(
:yikes That seems an awful lot of money for an apartment, flight and coach transfer. Was it a one bedroomed apartment or a two bedroomed apartment ?

I'm sure I saw the Vila Petra on some of the accommodation only websites when I searched for last years holiday to the Algarve.

I would try and price it up DIY with flights, accomm, and transfers seperately. It does look like a brillaint apartment complex for families, but 2800 pounds is a bit scary even if it is in the school holidays. FC seem to be taking a fair bit of profit on that one. :think

Doe :)
Why dont you try their direct website at http://www.vilapetra.com maybe the costs could be lower if you do a DIY package.
Looks like we would need a 2 bed apt. Just priced it up for this yr on their own web site, at £1470 for the week. Think I'm going to try for a private apartment on a complex, looks like it might be cheaper that way!!!
Noods,

Our was a studio, me, my wife and a 19 month wee boy so that may be the difference?

Also went last week in May and 1st in June and booked jusy a few weeks before we went. All in it was about £825 for the fortnight for all 3 of us, and that was flying from Scotland so I thought a good deal.

£2800 is silly money :(

Lummie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.