Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
I worked in Protaras as a kids rep. I would recommend taking them to Magic Dancing Waters. This is not so much an 'excursion' but somewhere you can go yourself as it is next to McDonalds on the main strip. It is a nice evening show with music and coloured fountains.
There is also a mini-golf in Protaras where you could take them. Be sure to visit 'Flintstones' bar and restaurant - nice food and the children will love it there.
There is a little 'waterpark' in Protaras which some people may say is good for young children. Personally I wouldn't recommend it on the grounds of health and safety but you could always have a look and see what you think.
The waterpark in Ayia Napa is mainly geared to older children/families/adults. However, there is a large wave pool which you walk into in shallow water. There is a little 'play area' in the pool too with squirty water, water wheels to turn and little slides. There is also an undercover play area not in water (similar to Wacky warehouse etc) where the children could play safely in the shade. And they would be fine on the 'lazy river' with an adult - the water moves very slowly. However the waterpark does get very busy high season, so you may prefer not to visit. In low season I'm sure it would be fine.
There are boat trips that run from Protaras and Ayia Napa. The harbour in Ayia Napa is bigger with more choice (only about £1cyp on the bus) but you get all of the tour operators trying to persuade you onto their trips! There is a Pirate Ship which sails from that harbour which the children might enjoy as they have activites on board and people dressed as pirates etc.
I would definitely NOT recommend the Troodos mountains trip - the children would be very bored! Also don't go for any 'Cyprus Night' trips, they don't cater for children. In my experience any families I knew of who opted for this trip found that their children did not enjoy it - especially young children.
To be honest, often families didn't really do many excursions as the children were often really excited and happy to be around the hotel pool or on the beach. Or at the kids club!!
Konnos Bay is a nice little beach to visit - they have floating sunbeds there and nice shallow waters. Mind you, the water is shallow at Fig Tree Bay too and Nissi Beach. Unless you are going at peak time, I'd visit Nissi Bay with them - again you can get the bus there from Protaras and the water is so calm, clear and shallow it's perfect. Peak time maybe not as the beach is packed with hungover clubbers and playing loud music!!
Hope this is helpful.
hi take a look at this thread all the trips listed are avaiable from Permera and Protaras as well as Agia Napa

wizard
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.