Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
Favourite resort
11 Posts
Favourite...has to be Mogan. So picturesque, so quiet, so olde worlde, so diverse, so cultured, just beautiful.

Least favourite...Puerto Rico..what a complete dump, although the harbour is ok. The place is snided with looky looky men, some hotels are so far inland it is a 2 day trek by donkey to the beach and there seems to be an abundance of dives, doss holes and flea pit accomodation.....a complete lack of culture there. Worse than skegvegas...
hi,glad to see mogan is your favorite as i have just this minute booked to go there for i week next july at the cordial mogan hotel.i have never considered gran canaria before as i always thought it was a bit expensive,anyway we had booked for tenerife,but the dates clashed with my daughters school trip so i had been pricing up various self catering holidays( i was hoping for a cheapie as we are going to disney in october).most self catering in the balerics,canaries etc were coming in at £1300 for basic to £1900 for reasonable accomadation with facillities.this is for 2 adults and 4 children and then theres food on top to consider. looking on eclipse direct/first choice we have booked this i week half board for £1720 ive just checked the price on the thompson website and the exact same holiday is £3800 because the hotel is part of there a la carte range.the absolute only difference is the thompson flight is at approx 7am,and we fly at 16.00,cant see the justification for the £2000 mark up.with first choice we are premier familys which includes 30kg luggage allowance,sitting together,in flight meals etc, anyway after that waffly explaination i would love to hear more about mogan and gran canaria.thanks mo :) :)
if you read my just back posting, there will be some details about Mogan in there. Mogan is just beautiful and you have made a good choice of hotel. it is well worth the money and i hope you have a brilliant time. When you see Mogan, you will know that everything i say about it is true. When i am a little more computer literate, i will try and pm you some pictures of Mogan...in fact i might try to put them on the forum too but i think i will have to ask for help on how to do it..
We loved Mogan but checking the price for a package deal for 2 weeks is pushing us to go back to Amadores - then again the price of the same hotel we stayed in and liked has gone up by £150.
I will let you know on this thread when I have put some pics up (tomorrow i guess)
thanks,i hadnt thought of checking the pics section out :oops: mo
10 photos now in the 'up load' section (if they have now moved to Gran Canaria section they are the ones with 'Spike' on)
great photos,it looks great 8) mo
Anfi del Mar - my favourite place in the world to chill!
Helen
my favourite place is maspalomas, its cute, chilled, with some culture still, and close to PDI for if you feel the need for something more lively.
also, there are the sand dunes, which are lovely!

xxx
I agree with Helen,

Anfi Del Mar anytime.

Got back on Monday, Can't wait for May for next trip :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.