Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
We go to Arpora, close enough to Baga, Calangute, Candolim etc (short taxi ride) for all the hustle and bustle, but far enough away when you want the extra peace and quiet.
Vagator for me, still not in the UK brochures and still retains some of the peaceful charm of what Goa was like say 10 years ago 8) no doubt all this will change soon so get there while you can. The beaches in Vagator are far better and less crowded and the prices a lot lower than the main resorts too.
Varca and Benaulim Why? because they arn't resorts yet :)
Betalbatim for peace and quiet and good beach shacks. :sun
It used to be Calangute but now I'd vote for Palolem.
Goldenflipflop x
Agree with Miccie about Arpora. Close enough to the action but far away enough for peace and quiet.
Arpora every time for me. Don't know why - it's not the prettiest of villages but it does it for us!
Yes definitely Arpora for me as well. The best hotel is there - the Marinha Dourada. Also its only two minutes in a taxi from the centre of Baga where everything is happening.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.