Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
djwoody - do you know if this hotel has a gym? Not for me- the most I'll be doing is flicking the pages of my book!- but son will have withdrawal syptoms if he cant get to gym!

Cheers

Belly
no gym.but if he walks up towards space night club.turn right out of hotel.carry on untill you see jet complex on the right.underneath is a gym.7 mins way slow walk along beach if you wish.
  • Edited by djwoody 2009-05-23 15:08:55
Hi going to Fiesta Club Don Toni in October with my husband and 9 yr old daughter. I was wondering if it would be advisable to upgrade from HB to AL when i get there and does anyone know what the cost would be in either euro or british pound. Thanks
lbo25

We are also going to the Don Toni and will be upgrading for one of our 2 weeks. Prices to upgrade for 2009:

Beverages only = 15 euros per adult and 10 per child.
Food and drink = 19 euros per adult and 12 per child

Child age up to 17.
that;s not bad its only gone up one euro from last year.and i think its not gone up since year before.i mean you work it out.water=1.65.soft drink 2.50.beer 3.50.coffee tea 1.65.rough prices.does not take much to get to 15 euros.and you can have has much as you like.plus if you miss breakfast and least you can have a good lunch.
don;t forget the band only works in the hotel your staying in.you can still eat evening meal at other other fiesta hotel in the band rating of hotel.you can book this 24hrs ahead.so if you at es cana you could use the hotel there.or in san an for the day.just saves you rushing back for meal.they will give you a room to freshen up as well.you may visit any other fiesta hotel if you wish.to sunbath or use sports stuff.

plus don;t forget to get your fiesta points.when you check out.
djwoody

Thanks for info. I agree, its seems a really good deal to upgrade at this price.

I think I read previously that you can only use the Fiesta points on a return visit. Is that correct?
I think I read previously that you can only use the Fiesta points on a return visit.yes thats correct.very good though.14 points = 36 euro to have room longer.
Just read on a Trip Advisor review that the Beach Bar is now run by private operator - does anyone know if this is true? Hope not we loved spending afternoons there on our A.I. drinks while the men/kids played volley ball. Going on 29th July really hope it is still part of fiestsa A.I.

Theresa
Hi Theresa Mc,
I too read this on a review on Tripadvisor and will be disappointed if its true.I can`t think how they would be able to seperate the bar from the hotel.I spoke to someone last year at the Club Don toni who pointed to an elderly man and told me he used to own the bar before Fiesta bought it from him for a large amount of money.He said Fiesta had made him lots of offers before he got an offer he couldn`t refuse.This is why I find it hard to believe that Fiesta have sold it on.I have been told that Fiesta are activley looking to sell all their hotels in Ibiza so as to concentrate on their hotels in the Carribean.
Hello Hillbankdee

thanks for your post, but I fear it is true after logging on to the Fiesta web page, they only mention the Lounge bar and pool bar, I also noticed that they have posted new A.I. rates on Friday. These are in more price bands ie. drinks - drinks premium - drinks deluxe and the same for food and drink, so it looks like there will be changes, still looking forward to it but like all good things it looks like it may be coming to an end, never mind we have had 11 good years in Ibiza with the Fiesta hotels while our son has been growing up. Looks like we will be on "Drinks Premium" this year so we can have a giggle on the cava with our good friends from Liverpool.!!!!

ps. are you going this year?
dj- can we have our meals at the palladium?

belly
Hi,
We are going back to the Club for the first two weeks in July.Also Bellybally I think Woody is in Ibiza right now bit I don`t know where he is staying this time.Also you can only have meals in a similar hotel to the one you are staying in ie, 3 star.As the Palladium is 4 star you unfortunatlely will not be able to eat there.
Hi
Just reeling at the cost of sunbeds and shades on the beach! Do any local shops sell loungers! I am semi serious as both hubbie and I are disabled and cannot lie on towels( we would never get up again) and need sunloungers. Any ideas? Its already been suggested we build them from sand on a daily basis :D
Thanks for that- had an idea- that may be the case!

We're also going the first 2 weeks in july 1-15th

Belly
yes i was away .just got back today.few changes in resort and a few hotels have had refits.more info later tonight.
I have read that the Don Toni hotel doesnt allow sun beds round the pool area (what a strange rule!). Would imagine that guests from the hotel side will then go to the Don Toni Club pool area to sunbathe. Dread to think of the sunbed situation given the amount of rooms in the hotel and the amount of guests that will be there in the height of the summer season.

Would be interested to hear of any experiences / comments.

Thanks.
yes the info is correct.they must use club side pool area
DJWoody

Thanks just as I thought. What is the next nearest Fiesta hotel to Don Toni? Its a few years since I have stayed on that stretch
of PDB.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.