Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Hi,
I am going to the Club Don Toni in July.Can anyone who has been recently tell me some of the names of the Fiesta entertainment staff.We stayed at the Algarb last July and were wondering if any of them are now at the Don Toni.The staff last year at the Algarb were Ninky,Raymondo,Jenny,Dana and Chris and my kids are hoping a few of these are at the Don Toni this year.Thanks in advance for any replies.
I have read with interest a previous post about upgrading to AI and our family will be interested in doing this for 1 week of our 2 week stay.

Can anyone explain a bit more about this system. I read the conditions attached to the post but am a litle confused at
item 2 where it says .... must include last day of stay. If we arrive on a Saturday for 14 days can we pick the 7 days we wish to go AI? For example can we go AI from Sunday morning for 7 days (arrive late on the Saturday evening).

Also "if" we wanted to could we still eat in other Fiesta Hotels? I doubt we will want to but just want a clearer picture before we go from people who have done this.

Thanks in advance for any info which might help.
The conditions were that if you want to up-grade for 7 days it would be the last 7 days of your holiday so that you surrender your band as you check out,we have used Fiesta hotels several times and just take the drinks option,as we found that covered the most expensive part of our holiday,all drinks were served in small plastic cups during the day and are very expensive if you want to stay by the pool.We took AI once but as I tend to put weight on very easily it was hard not to overeat when you can have as much as you want all day.Either option is well worth doing,in my opinion,especially if your party includes children.T.
Oscarben

Thanks for this information. We had hoped to upgrade the 1st week. Wonder if they will allow that?

I think we have spoken on TA forum where I have offered advice about Grand Pasa/Antique Palace. Now its your turn to help as you are more familiar with Fiesta than I am.

Appreciate your advice here. Thanks again.
You're right morh,,I think if I were you,I'd check their prices for the first day and then perhaps decide to up-grade for last 13 days,we stayed at the Bahamas,just towards the airport and it cost roughly £400 to have the drinks option ,14 days,2adults and 1 child.It even allows you wine etc with dinner.One tip that we've always done is to get a taxi from the airport and back,it was about 9euros to the Bahamas but meant that we were there before everybody else and already checked in before the coach arrived.It would probably be 11 or 12 for you.

I think it's great they we can all advise each others on these forums,it makes holidays so much easier.Tina.
Thanks again Oscarben. Like you I enjoy reading the holiday forums and have had some good advice over the years.

My next worry is the euro. Just returned from the Algarve, spending money went well cos its early season but I expect prices will jump up in August in Ibiza. One of the reasons we are considering an upgrade to AI.
Hi morh.we haven't been in August so don't know whether they put prices up or not,we're off to Cyprus this August,never been before but going AI,there will be 4 adults and 3 boys and we think that we save a fortune in soft drinks alone plus the 3 boys eat all day long,it also means you don't have to carry cash about,I'll just have to be strong and eat salads at lunchtime,we didn't get the option to just have drinks.Tina.
Hi again Oscarben

YES I agree you do save a fortune on soft drinks. Thats why we will upgrade in Ibiza as there are 4 children going.

Anyway enjoy your AI in Cyprus. You can compare this with Grand Pasa and report back to the forums.

Regards.
Morh,if you want any advice ,please feel free to pm me and I will gladly try to help.T.
Thanks very much. This will be my 10th visit to Ibiza over many years but I havent stayed in a Fiesta Hotel. I did stay quite a few years ago in the Mare Nostrum Hotel. How far is the Don Toni from there?

I am sure there will be other things I would like to know but will contact you when I think of anything.
Hi morh the Don Toni is past all the shops going towards the airport,not far from the Waterpark and Space.
Thanks once again Oscarben. I now have an idea where we will be located.

I understand it is possible to eat in any of the Fiesta Hotels in Ibiza. Did you ever do this? We are only upgrading to AI for 1 week so the other week we will be out and about and "might" have a look at other hotels in the group..

I think I read somewhere that either the club or the hotel (not sure which) dont have sunbeds round the pool. Is that correct?
Hi morh,I did read somewhere that you could dine in other hotels,think they have to be the same rating and even if you up grade to drinks or AI you can't have free drinks in any other hotel.Best to ask about this at Reception.I don't know about the sunbed situation because I've never stayed in either hotel or club,have only stayed at the Bahamas which is at the airport end of the resort.The Fiesta entertainment team were always pretty good ,hope they are for this season,too.Have you stayed in Playa den Bossa before,we've been 5 times also to Cala Llonga and St Eulalia,,8 times altogether.I'm a little worried about going to Cyprus in August as it is supposed to be really hot,not sure what Ibiza is like then cos we've always gone last week of May and first week of June,couldn't do it this year because our 15 yr oldis in the middle of his gcse's and can't afford to miss any time off school.Tina.
ok its the hotel that does not have beds round pool,you share the clubs massive pool area.they is areas round the hotel to sunbath.with beds on grass,right eating in another fiesta hotel is easy.just book 24hours ahead.say which hotel you wish to eat at.they give you a voucher..really your just swapping your evening meal to another hotel.but you can only eat in hotels within that band.so you could eat at the Palladium hotel just down the road.worth a visit.you can use any fiesta hotels pools bars play ect.just walk in take a look.they don;t mind.

morh sent you a map of where the hotel is.play about with map on right.you will be happy you are staying in this hotel as well.far better than Mare Nostrum Hotel.don;t forget to collect your fiesta points when you check out.you cannot just go a/i for odd days of your stay.its either the two weeks or one week.if your staying for say 3 days.that fine.any more info pm me please.
Oscarben

This will be our 10th visit. Have stayed once in Playa den Bossa, 3 times along in Figueretas, a few times in The Bay, Port de Torrent and Puerto San Miguel and loved each visit.

Re your forthcoming visit to Cyprus it will be very hot in August. We have been a few times to Limassol and Paphos in July and found that very hot. :offtop

Many thanks.
Djwoody

Thanks for your reply and the map. Its helpful to have all this information. Looking forward to visiting Ibiza again. The Don Toni gets good reviews so sure we have made a good choice.
Hi,
If you are at the Don Toni you will only be allowed to visit the same class of hotel.You will not be allowed to eat in the Palladium.The Palladium is far superiour to any of the other Fiesta hotels in Playa Den bossa.As for the Bahamas even after the refurb. it is not a patch on the Palladium.
yes the Palladium is the best hotel for decor ect.it was a run down hotel called club med way back.then fiesta refitted it.smart inside.by all means take a look.its not cheap to stay there.i nip in sometimes when i go for a walk round,and just top up my water bottle with cold water or fresh juice.what i used to do is book my meal at the cala nova hotel in es canar.for a weds hippy market day.stay all day in resort.then head to hotel at say 5 30 pm 6pm.you get a room if you ask to freshen up.then eat.and then a nice drive back.or get the buses.only one thing is.i never go on it.is if your on a/i you can not use it at any other hotel,only the one you are staying in.
Hi,
Can anyone help me by providing an email address for the Club Don Toni hotel.We are due to go in July and i want to request a particular room.
Thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.